• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Newbie rides 2013 XM 'X'

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
Never ridden before but just got back from Island Park and let's just say I love this thing. Still in 'break-in' mode but it did not skip a beat on long, steep/deep hill climbs, tight boon-docking, cornice jumping, waterfall dropping and flat out access trail ripping. Was riding at 6300 to 10,000' elevation.

(thanks to my wonderful wife for coordinating this Christmas present)

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

Last edited:
M

mikesbike2003

Jan 1, 2009
Idaho Falls,Idaho
Was that from last Sturday?
I was up and around Jefferson. We had a long conversation about the Polaris in the picture when you guys went by.
Good color and the sled to get back when they first came out.

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
NEWBIE that jumps cornices and drops waterfalls on a new XMX--eat your heart out Mr. Burant:face-icon-small-hap

BCB

Ha ha! Well, when we were in the cabin, we were watching Schooled 4 and the Slednecks films to amp us up. I was also riding with some very experienced folks so I kinda HAD to climb the steep learning curve VERY quickly.

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
Was that from last Sturday?
I was up and around Jefferson. We had a long conversation about the Polaris in the picture when you guys went by.
Good color and the sled to get back when they first came out.

Yep, we were up there on Saturday (29th). Where did you see our group? We must have been about 9-10 strong. (mostly Polaris, w/ a Cat and my Doo in the mix for good measure) :face-icon-small-hap

S
thanks for the pics. Gives me an idea of what it will be like when my gf and I head out there in the middle of February....COLD. Looks like nice riding. We havent decided if we are taking our sleds with us or renting some if we get free time to ride. We are taking the Backcountry Basics clinic and going through Yellowstone.

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
Yeah, it was anywhere from -12F to 20ishF while we were there. The snow is absolutely amazing! In the morning, I could just blow it off my sled. While riding the trails with the scratchers down I had a sizable tornado behind me and in the mountains, while there was minimal base to speak of, the light fluffy powder kept you afloat as long as you kept moving. Getting stuck and trying to power out often resulted in digging a trench to China. Nevertheless, I would definitely recommend bringing your own sled but if you can't we rented a sled for my wife from High Mountain Adventures. I dealt with Ryan, Steve and Kathleen. Their shop is just across the Hwy from a gas station/mini mart that has everything you need including non-Resident tags for your sled.

Finding some locals to ride with would be your best bet as they will know how to get you up to the amazing vistas you see in my pics above.

Terry

Premium Features