• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 XM Test ride report

D
Dec 4, 2007
I haven't seen any of my fellow test rider compadres post anything yet. We test rode the 2013 XM 800's 154".

I will preface this with 2 things. I have been exclusively a skidoo rider in my snowmobilling career. So one could say that there is a bias in my opinion. I will follow that up with, I have ridden a Pro multiple times and in great and crap conditions and I was pretty much dead set on picking one up. I can't take anything away from the Pro. It is an amazing sled with great handling and light. A touch underpowered IMO but the weight makes up for it for the most part. Or, like some of my buddies....just stick a turbo on it and power issue gone!!! LOL

After the test ride.....opinion now changed!!!!!! Major improvements in power and as far as "flickability" (absolutely stupid term, sorry, just sayin) the xm with the t-motion and flex track is AMAZING!!!!! We rode hardpack conditions...I didn't even have to swing my leg over the seat to get it on its side. On some steep sidehills the flextrack is pretty impressive...gives more traction while not sliding out from under you.

I have video from my gopro to go with it...just haven't had time to upload yet....will do over the weekend.

You can't go wrong with either sled but leaning towards the Doo because it is just as easy to sidehill and maneuver as the pro with noticeable difference in power.

Happy snow checking for everyone, whichever sled you go after!!!

Last edited:

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
Wow! Looks solid. Makes my decision for a '13 X (in black of course) even more comforting

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
Do you always have to have opposite foot forward, or both feet on the one side of the machine to make it cut a sidehill? Can you have both feet in the footwells and just lean to get it to pop up on one ski?

Premium Features