• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Waiting on M1100 turbo

A
Apr 9, 2011
Driggs, Idaho
I snow checked a M1100 turbo. I was told October, then November, now Decemberish. I haven't rode much in the last ten years. My brother and I rode a Nytro and an 800 ski doo last year at Island Park. I liked them both. At this point I am not set on any sled. Should I wait for the Turbo or should I be looking for a different sled. Any input on any brand would be great!
Thanks

B

Bigbuck1

Apr 1, 2011
Sask.
I could not handle getting screwed over any longer...went to another dealer and found an m800 retro and absolutely love it !! stick with Cat, they are tops IMHO....but what do iknow.:face-icon-small-hap

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
I think I have been a pretty understanding customer. I have not been calling my dealer every day and asking when my sled is showing up. But...With that being said. I am on the bitter edge. This is crazy. I have misssed two opertunities now to head west and ride. I will wait for my sled to show up. Mainly because of my deposit I put down last march that I don't want to loose. I am close to doing the same think BIGBUCK did.....This sucks...

M
Sep 14, 2010
iowa
Right there with you. Wish the sled would just show up. I did get a little grumpy with my dealer yesterday about the problem. But hey, i feel that I have been lied to. I understand that its not the dealers fault. But don't tell me one thing for it to be wrong.

B

Bigbuck1

Apr 1, 2011
Sask.
I dont think i am going to regret switching to the 800 and it was only a $500 deposit...missing trips with record snow out west is worth way more!!!! Just my opinion!

B

Bigbuck1

Apr 1, 2011
Sask.
My new dealer in Wainwright told me he has already given deposits back... this is one that cares about future customers!!! Swift Current...not so much!!

A
Apr 9, 2011
Driggs, Idaho
I ordered mine from Rexburg Motorsports in Idaho. They said they would refund me my money. Its pretty ****ty that they kept your deposit. I was told my sled would be here in October. I am pretty frustrated. Cat has not offered anything. I'm considering buying something else. I don't know how they can justify keeping your deposit BigBuck1 when they have not delivered as promised.

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
I bailed out on my snowcheck 1100t and bought one from another dealer who had floor stock before mine is even due to be built next week. my snowcheck dealer has no issue giving me my 500 back because he knows he can make money on it as all their floor stock sleds were cancelled. They are pissed at ac that some dealers are selling off the floor and they are waiting on snowchecks, makes no sense. If you dealer won't refund your deposit he is a dick.

T
Oct 15, 2008
Kamloops BC Canada
Perhaps the threat of a little negative press would help persuade him to return your deposit... Just a thought. I dont think these delays are good for anyone. We all run into challenges how we handle them determines who we are as people. As stated before the dealer will sell that sled for retail plus so keeping your deposit is greed. I would give him one more chance and then tell the world how you were treated.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
feel for some of these dealers..its tough enough to make a buck

Last edited by a moderator:
I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
We received about 6 inches of fluffy snow last night. Basically just enough to go ditch banging around Stillwater, MN area for 50 or so miles.

The 1100T is worth the weight. The engine is scary powerful, and they seem to actually have it clutched almost correctly out of the box. It made my 02 800 RMK with VES seem lame.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
We received about 6 inches of fluffy snow last night. Basically just enough to go ditch banging around Stillwater, MN area for 50 or so miles.

The 1100T is worth the weight. The engine is scary powerful, and they seem to actually have it clutched almost correctly out of the box. It made my 02 800 RMK with VES seem lame.

Rode mine 28 miles today. . . Snow sucked but it was great to get some miles on it. Reverse worked. . . Only thing I found that was different from my yamaha is that you can actually turn the engine over with the kill switch off. . . This will scare a guy. The power is sweet though. . . Kept if below half throttle and I couldn't have had more fun. It will do 60mph on half throttle!

Slednoggin23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
Wyoming
Hold out. Wait for it.

I"m in the same boat as most everyone in this thread. I've logged 165 miles on three trips on my old iron already this year. Be patient because the sled will be worth it. Not at all Arctic Cat or our dealers fault. I do think AC need to distribute the sleds in a different order. (i.e. West first then Midwest) Sorry if this will anger some, but I could have riden my MTN sled in the MTNs six times already. Sled will be here soon I know but the anticipation is killing me.

C

catweasel

Feb 20, 2010
Jackson, WY
www.jacksonholeargo.com
I"m in the same boat as most everyone in this thread. I've logged 165 miles on three trips on my old iron already this year. Be patient because the sled will be worth it. Not at all Arctic Cat or our dealers fault. I do think AC need to distribute the sleds in a different order. (i.e. West first then Midwest) Sorry if this will anger some, but I could have riden my MTN sled in the MTNs six times already. Sled will be here soon I know but the anticipation is killing me.

I am not sure it is how they deliver them. I have heard it is the order in which the models are built. Let's face it, the Rockies are going to get snow before anyone else. Mountain sleds should be built first, then the trail and crossover stuff. Me, I need a drink and a valuim, because I am bouncing off the walls waiting on mine! :):face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-win

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Rode mine 28 miles today. . . Snow sucked but it was great to get some miles on it. Reverse worked. . . Only thing I found that was different from my yamaha is that you can actually turn the engine over with the kill switch off. . . This will scare a guy. The power is sweet though. . . Kept if below half throttle and I couldn't have had more fun. It will do 60mph on half throttle!

Yeah, surprisingly my reverse worked well too. I tried it out from about 10 times as well, including some interesting situations. My confidence has been restored in the reverse.

Premium Features