• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

mountain horse question

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
how easy does your mountain horse kit roll/push? if you have the front wheel or wheel kit on your bike and you have to push it around in the shop how easy does the track roll or when you let off the gas and pull in the clutch how well does it coast?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Neither mine or my buddies kits have ever rolled freely. I am going to look into the issue before I hit the snow this season. I don't notice it when I am riding it but with it being that bound up it has to be robbing some hp.

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Neither mine or my buddies kits have ever rolled freely. I am going to look into the issue before I hit the snow this season. I don't notice it when I am riding it but with it being that bound up it has to be robbing some hp.

thats what I was thinking with mine...

F

funjunkie

Nov 26, 2007
It's because there is no lub on the hifax you gets some water on them and it will roll like there is ball bearings on there.

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
The kit will never roll free and easy just like a sled doesnt just roll across the shop floor. Timbersled has a wheel kit for the front and back that make moving the bikes easy.

Our kits after the initial break in roll pretty good on the shop floor, just a wheel for the ski and you can move it pretty easy. Not like a bike of course.

Ask Yourself

Lifetime Membership
Mar 14, 2008
My MH with the front wheel kit will roll down my driveway backwards if I don't set the brake. It rolls around the shop easy with a front wheel kit. I made mine to move around the shop and to and from the truck..

Last edited:
Premium Features