• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's running M8 Twin Pipes these days?

A

alexhack

Nov 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
Just wanted to see who else is running twin pipes and to compare tuning notes. Im going to run the BD numbers Jaws gave me but havent made it out west to test them again. Had my powervalves deleted since before I got the pipes. Couldnt for the life of me get rid of the low end sputter with the deletes in. So I put the valves back in so Im back to square one again on the tuning end of things.

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
ill be running CPC twins this year. but i dont run the boondocker junk anymore. had too many problems running the boondocker on my m7 with the jaws twins. switched to a boss controller which is the same as additude.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
the CPC twins are made by Jaws for CPC

I used to run CPC (Jaws) twins on m7 with Cutler 1000cc Dragoncat motor with Boonie box it was a pain in the azz to tune, then went attitiude which wasn't a whole lot better neither Attitude nor Cutler could really give me any support but one of my biggest problems I found after 2 seasons was - do not run avgas with twin pipes it is a bear to tune, better to mix a little race(110) with Super. but the Dobeck style box was more user friendly. If I were you i'd dump both boxes and run a Power Commander and get number's from Jeff at Dakota Performance, If you buy the box from him he can send it preloaded with exactly what you need then forget about the box

Last edited:

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
I run SLP twins on a BB800. They run awesome. Would not trade them for anything.

Wrapped them from the head pipe up to mid belly. Eric Kay at the Racinstation sent me a Power Commander V with his map on it. Plug-n-play. 100% grin.

Sold the Boondocker box on ebay. Gave the Dobeck style box away.

I also run 50/50 av gas with a FTX 14:1 head and Ruth Power porting.

This sled is so pull and go now, I love riding it better than any of the 1200 watercraft sleds I built......

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
i was looking at running some jaws twins for my 800 at sea level, i dont know if they made some for sea level or not? do yu have to run race fuel? ithought you could use pump gas? and is there more power to be gained with running twins rather then a single?

thanks id like to learn a bit more about them, the sound is amazing that they produce lol.

P

ProKlim

Dec 10, 2007
North Dakota
Im running a set of Jaws twins on my 2010 m8 h.o. I would never go to a single setup. I am running a SLP intake and an attitude box and have not touched the box since the first day of tuning. 100% pull and go. I have ridden with stock m8's and m8's with single pipe setups and none of them compare to the jaws.

A

alexhack

Nov 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
i was looking at running some jaws twins for my 800 at sea level, i dont know if they made some for sea level or not? do yu have to run race fuel? ithought you could use pump gas? and is there more power to be gained with running twins rather then a single?

thanks id like to learn a bit more about them, the sound is amazing that they produce lol.

According to Jaws' web site, sea level pipes for the 800 HO are coming soon. I would email them tho. Im sure they got them by now. They work on pump fuel and there is more power to be made with twins but it just takes a bit more to get them dialed in. Yes, I totally agree, they sound awesome!:face-icon-small-hap

B
Jan 20, 2009
Does anyone have a link to the attitude box? Tossing around the idea of the same set up ndkk900 has, slp intake with jaws twins. Should give the m8 some jam

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
remember you can go with the stm gas valves if you want to get rid of the power valve cables etc running the twins

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
I'm running Jaws @sealevel on my 08. Ported engine, whit headcut to higher squish hight.
Runs fine on pumgas. Dynoed stock and tuned. 146hp stock, and 172hp tuned. Both runs in the same dyno.
PCV fuel control. Stock intake. Tested larger intake in dyno, and lost hp. Stock timing.
If you wan't to take out whole potensial in the engine, avrage numbers from some other install will leave numbers left on the table. Fine tuning in dyno brougt out 5 hp whit really small changes in the PCV. Just saying.
Thought, mine does not do 1 min pulls wide open.Don't have the opportunity in our riding areas.

P

ProKlim

Dec 10, 2007
North Dakota
Does anyone have a link to the attitude box? Tossing around the idea of the same set up ndkk900 has, slp intake with jaws twins. Should give the m8 some jam

You will not regret it, it took me honestly about a half hour to get the numbers very close, then a bit of fine tuning and I havent touched it since that first day, that was when my sled had about 50 miles on it and now I have 600+ without any problems. Pm me if you want some more info or call Jake at Mild2Wild, he will set you up. Tell him Trent sent you.
701-202-6304

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
I used to run CPC (Jaws) twins on m7 with Cutler 1000cc Dragoncat motor with Boonie box it was a pain in the azz to tune, then went attitiude which wasn't a whole lot better neither Attitude nor Cutler could really give me any support but one of my biggest problems I found after 2 seasons was - do not run avgas with twin pipes it is a bear to tune, better to mix a little race(110) with Super. but the Dobeck style box was more user friendly. If I were you i'd dump both boxes and run a Power Commander and get number's from Jeff at Dakota Performance, If you buy the box from him he can send it preloaded with exactly what you need then forget about the box

that is one thing i wish i would have done, i should have gotten the power commander they seem much easier to tune. the only thing i dont like about them is they completely make their own maps where the additude i can set up at low elevation and it works great at high elevation.

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
that is one thing i wish i would have done, i should have gotten the power commander they seem much easier to tune. the only thing i dont like about them is they completely make their own maps where the additude i can set up at low elevation and it works great at high elevation.

I don't have to touch my PC5. Low, high elevation.... doesn't matter...

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway

PCV is not working the same way as many other fuel controllers. It should not be needed to adjust it with elevation changes.

It corrects the output from the ECU live all the time. If you have set it to fuel 5% more, it will fuel 5% more of the ecu output wherever you are high or low level.

Engine will more or less need that 5% more at any elevation.
PCV don't make their own map. You can run it with autotune. But you can also make your own map. It is a user choice.

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
i emailed jaws and they said there not going to make twins for low elevation and do not recommend running the high elevation pipes at sea level. but it was a girl who emailed back so i dont know if she actualy knows anything technical? any one have any ideas? i want twins but who makes em for low elevation??

Premium Features