• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pro power claw and hcr power claw?s

s.e.xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2008
juneau ak
i live in s.e. alaska and wondering how the power claw works vs. the hcr power claw. we have wetter snow most of the time being at sealevel but we do get lots of it like 3'-4' at a time. does the regular durometer work good in the wet snow too? ive got a line on a 50th but might go with the hcr because of the track. also snowest the search function sucks!

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
Between 90 and 80 duro. I assume the stiffer track does well on the more packed snow? Is there really a difference that is noticeable? Splitting down the middle seems like a cost savings of one or the other either 80 was better or 90? They should have ran the paddles to the edges rather than 14.5" across. Probably to allow more breathing room for the narrow tunnel? Would like to see 2.375 x a full 15" wide paddles and 2.40" fingers for the '12's and a little wider tunnel to accommodate.

Mike

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
There is a difference between the 80 and 90 for sure. My 90 will hook up like crazy on harder snow and wetter snow that it can grab on to it does great. In real light fluffy powder the 80 is noticeably better. People from Colorado hate that 90 because they always have the light stuff where as here in Idaho a lot of the time we have a wet heavier snow so the 90 is okay. I always wanted an 85 because I felt like it would split the difference and be perfect. For your application down lower with wetter snow I think the 85 would be the way to go but the difference is less then you think so it depends how bad you want the other features of the HCR. For me it wouldn't be the deciding factor either way.

Premium Features