• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HCR cooler

C

Crusty82

Jan 27, 2010
I sooo wanna snowcheck a HCR, but the cooling thing holds me back.

Do you guys think it`s going to be a problem with no rear cooler?

And offcourse...The wider a-arms also bugs med. But that I can live with...

Love everything else about the HCR.

Going to boost it asswell. Ordering boondocker as soon as they have them for sale...

Nickname

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Sweden
The cooler thing holds me back to, will order a orange snopro. And I think with turbo you nead all the cooling you can get, more power more heat.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I don't understand the desire to buy a sled, when everything that makes it different is what we don't like about it.
Don't get me wrong, I own one... and all the things that are different from the M I'd change (have changed A arms, but that's it, I'm lazy)

There is no way I'd put a turbo on a sled without a rear cooler... sketchy. I love the extra cooling that I have on my short track turbo, I've never had to use the switch & I can shut it down pretty much the second I stop... love that. On my HCR (an 09, with a cooler) I have to wait to shut it down, and use the switch somewhat often.

C

Crusty82

Jan 27, 2010
It's the 85duro and the evols i want. And i Like the design. but i guess i will be going for the snopro.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
It's the 85duro and the evols i want. And i Like the design. but i guess i will be going for the snopro.

easy enough to trade tracks before it leaves dealer, should only cost a little labor

at one time Cat had a track trade program and thats how it worked:face-icon-small-coo

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
easy enough to trade tracks before it leaves dealer, should only cost a little labor

at one time Cat had a track trade program and thats how it worked:face-icon-small-coo

Still did in 2010, you get retail credit for the track, pay full retail for the new one, and pay crazy money for the labor, but it works out pretty well I'd think.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
There is only about 15-17 HP difference in rated horsepower. Whatever works on the 4 stroke should be just fine on the 2 stroke at rated HP. Also, the 800 is down about 30-40 HP at altitude anyway, so possibly even less cooling needed. However, mountain riding is 1/2-full throttle so plenty of cooling capacity is desired, I would think.

I did not see any front radiator on the 4 strokes. Just the intercooler.

Last edited:
Premium Features