• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone got seat time on a mcx or pl low boost kit?

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
I am just wondering how the low boost kits are working. The nytro guys seem pretty happy with theirs. How do they compare with the 2 strokers n/a or turboed. I am thinking my next sled will be a 1200 renegade with a low boost kit and a 174. I just want some info on how the low boost kits are working. thanks. Jason

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Working on finishing a low boost MCX kit for my 1200 right now. Should hopefully be ridable tomorrow. Nice kit, instructions could be alittle bit better, but nothing major. MCX has been great for customer service. Fit and finish is real nice. The ability of this kit vs. the others to be able to compensate for barometric pressure is what sold me as well as being upgradable quite easily. Another low boost kit to look at would be a FPP kit. They run quite well and have more miles than anyone else.

Here's my build blog on DT..sort of long, but the last 3 pages should all be turbo related.
http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=312637&st=255

Any questions, please ask and I'll try to help.

PB292218.jpg PC012237.jpg

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
I have had few minutes of run ntime on mine. Takin it out today to get her tunned in a bit better. Seems to be a real smooth power delivery, But coming off a T-Pex at 16 + pounds it is hard to be non byass.

A
The MCX low boost kit flat out rocks, although it is rated at 180hp in comes in closer to 200hp, so far the fueling has been spot on and there is 0 lag,
In reality this kit is a steal over the 240 hp kit and at $2900.00 cheaper it's more hp then 85% of riders will ever need.

You won't be disappointed that's for sure,

Cliff Yeatman
Advanced DYno

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Any installation tips Cliff? Instructions are decent, but a few things missed IMO in there. Anywhere with the lower boost kit a guy should heat tape off or anything?

I think the harderst part of the install so far has been getting the charge tube to fit on the throttle body. Def. need some grease in the tube to slide the o-ring over.

TIA,

RK

A
Not really anything that is a major time saver,white grease or something similar for the charge tube connector is a must, and make sure you mount the MCX computer upside down so the altitude sensor can drain.other then that it's install,then clutch to 8100 and rock on.

Cliff Yeatman
Advanced Dyno

N
Jan 29, 2008
The MCX low boost kit flat out rocks, although it is rated at 180hp in comes in closer to 200hp, so far the fueling has been spot on and there is 0 lag,
In reality this kit is a steal over the 240 hp kit and at $2900.00 cheaper it's more hp then 85% of riders will ever need.

You won't be disappointed that's for sure,

Cliff Yeatman
Advanced DYno

Any current dyno sheets on the 180 kit? I've been looking at both the 180 and 240 kits but haven't decided yet but I can get the 240 kit for about $1600 more than the 180 kit which I thought was a good deal.

A
I don't have a sheet that I can post, but there in the 195 hp range at 8000 rpm,but if you can score the 240 hp kit for that money I would jump all over it, the addition on the MCX air box,injection system,header and muffler are well worth the extra money, as well at 12 Ib's of boost and running it at 8300 rpm will net about 270hp.Of course you can run it at 6-8-10-12 ib's and be completely safe with 92 Octane fuel.

Cliff Yeatman
advanced Dyno

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Not really anything that is a major time saver,white grease or something similar for the charge tube connector is a must, and make sure you mount the MCX computer upside down so the altitude sensor can drain.other then that it's install,then clutch to 8100 and rock on.

Cliff Yeatman
Advanced Dyno

With the Computer mounting, do you mean just to mount the box so there's no place for moisture to sit in the vacuum line?

Thanks!

A
The little port for the alt sensor is on the top of the computer, so just mount the computer upside down so it can drain, It has a little diaphragm inside and if it gets water in it and freezes it can damage it and cause the computer to fail.
It's not so prevalent in the flatland but in areas where there's lots of snow it has been a issue, so I figure why take the chance with the way winters thaw and freeze here anymore it's just another thing to not have to worry about.

Cliff Yeatman
Advanced Dyno

Premium Features