• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

95 ski doo summit 670

K
Jun 21, 2010
Boise, ID
I have a new to me 95 summit 670. When I got it it didnt run. Now it starts first pull every time so far. It is in the 60's although so easy startin. Worried about the HAC system...Not sure if it will be working. I did test it in the freezer and the needle seemed to move down so who knows.

I need a new front bumper as well and havin a hard time finding them. I did find one on a website but the pic looks a little different but it does say its for the S2000..?

K
Jun 21, 2010
Boise, ID
also my headlight assembly mounts were broken so im trying some epoxy to save buying a new one. Ive noticed that there seems to be something missing to also support the headlight assembly. Like rubber that goes around it where it fits in the front or something similar? thanks!

-Kyle

K
Jun 21, 2010
Boise, ID
Its official I have my 95 summit 670 starting first pull everytime...Today I was moving it out of the shop for the first time since I got it and driving it up onto the trailer giving it some throttle and it bogged and died. I knew right then what it had to be...The H.A.C. I let it sit for about half hour and then went and pulled on it and gave it full throttle and it came to life but was flooded sounding. Its got to be the HAC.
Anyway enough of the story but if possible will someone please tell me the correct steps to rejet and get rid of the HAC system? I live at about 2500 ft and will be snowmobiling at about 4000-7000 ft more or less. Ive heard to rejet it to I think formula specs...? Mostly concerend about what hoses go where off the carbs after gettin rid of the HAC. Somehow need to plug the hole in the airbox as well where the HAC was.
Any direction here would be great! thanks
-Kyle

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
I've heard that the HAC system on the 95 is good but the 96 and newer are not. I have over 4000 miles on mine without a single HAC problem. Jetting isn't too bad but can become a guessing game if you have made any mods like exhaust or intake (experience with a different sled). I say look on ebay and good luck.

K
Jun 21, 2010
Boise, ID
I put a used HAC off Ebay in this sled and I thought all was well. Now it seems to be doing the same thing as before..It smokes really bad like its running super rich and then it wants to die out. Ever since I put this different HAC in it, it doesnt start first pull like it was before either. Hmmm I just dont know how far I want to go with a sled I got for $350.

K
Jun 21, 2010
Boise, ID
Do you think that it just needs to just be jetted and get rid of the HAC? It seems to me like thats the problem but maybe thats not just it.

When its running after a minute or so it starts to smoke really bad and then just bogs out even when giving it throttle and dies. Its got to be that stupid HAC I guess..

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
When its running after a minute or so it starts to smoke really bad and then just bogs out even when giving it throttle and dies.

This is in 80*+ temps?

It's starting first pull b/c in such warm temps and at home (lower elevation? - Not seeing where your from) your jetted fat by default. Just as you didn't need a choke or primer (I take it that your not shooting the primer on this "one pull" start point?) to start it - it will be way too fat as it warms up = smoking and fouling out.

I would NOT get too crazy with this part untill it gits cold and you can get sledding temps to tune to. Like I said - that will be a completely diff animal to yank over when it git's to 0F.

K
Jun 21, 2010
Boise, ID
Im from Boise, ID. No primer used or anything yes. Ya I totally see what you are saying and may totally be correct BUT I can start my 97 polaris 500 and it will sit there and idle. It does not have the HAC system though obviously.

So maybe I just dont understand enough about the HAC system. You cant start a ski doo with the HAC system when its hot out or at a low elevation; it just wont idle or run right? I thought the HAC would actually make it run pretty well at a lower elevation since it "changes the jetting" so to speak?

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
So what are the main jet sizes, pilot sizes, and position of needle clip? Did you check the HAC in the freezer? (I thought that you had). The HAC really is a very simple unit. At sea level with baseline jetting is as rich as it will ever be. As you increase altitude it leans it out, now it does this by two methods....one method is Atmospheric Pressure and the other is Air Temperature. Every single HAC problem I have encountered was above 1/2 throttle, not at idle.

Simple to rejet and get rid of the HAC......just use the 95 Formula SS for jetting specs.

T
Sep 10, 2009
meridian ID
Im from Boise, ID. No primer used or anything yes. Ya I totally see what you are saying and may totally be correct BUT I can start my 97 polaris 500 and it will sit there and idle. It does not have the HAC system though obviously.

So maybe I just dont understand enough about the HAC system. You cant start a ski doo with the HAC system when its hot out or at a low elevation; it just wont idle or run right? I thought the HAC would actually make it run pretty well at a lower elevation since it "changes the jetting" so to speak?

maybe check to see that the carbs are clean, and that the floats are not stuck/needle and seat work. And make sure all the vacuum lines are in good shape and routed correctly. if the floats are stuck, the fuel pump will flood it out at idle

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
HAC comp for temp?

I never had one - but I don't think they did. ???

-

Well by George - if the Pol runs, then we gotta git this here Doo running! :face-icon-small-win

Yes - if the HAC is working - it should comp for the alt, but I don't think it will for the temp. And if it needs some RPM to work properly (as posted above) it would run extreemly rich down low.

K
Jun 21, 2010
Boise, ID
Thanks guys!! I started it again yesterday and it fired first pull and idled for a while. Most definitely still running very rich though so that would make me think that the HAC is working. Smokes pretty good! I think im starting to see now a little better how the HAC works...although I think Id rather just get rid of it.

I did test my other HAC in the freezer and the spring did seem to move down as it got colder. This other used one I bought did as well in the freezer.

If I jet it to the formula SS specs, which lines coming off the carbs for the HAC would I block off, or reroute? I want to avoid the skidoo shop if I can:) Not sure how else to figure it out.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
I would think that they prolly would just loop over the top and down the other side and be open to ambiant air like "normal"?

One on either side of the carb just above the float bowl? (guessing)

K
Jun 21, 2010
Boise, ID
If I remeber right there is 2 tubes off of each carb going to the HAC that forks into one tube on each side coming off the HAC..then there is another overflow tube that comes off the HAC and just hangs down.

Premium Features