• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Rmk Powder Coated tunnel!

C
Dec 23, 2008
I snochecked a turbo silver pro and im thinking about powder coating the tunnel black hen it comes in :face-icon-small-hap Just wondering if anyone has done this to any other sled and how it held up. I dont think it would wear off on the back but just wondering how it would hold up on the rails rubbing on it all day. wouldnt want to do it then half way through the season have it all half worn off that would be stupid looking on a brand new sled.
thanks, Andy

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
The ProRMK tunnel is like the Dragon tunnel, 3 pieces, the biggest piece being the cooler. I don't know that powder coating the cooler is a good idea.

sled_guy

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Hope you didn't go with the 4yr warranty cause if you have a burn down that will be their reason not to warranty you. Sounds good, looks cool, not sure if it's worth it. Just my .02.

C
Dec 23, 2008
Yeah thanks alot for the imput I doint think it would be worth it. but just though it would look sweet mabey in a couple years after its turboed :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Selective powder coating has the proven benefit of carrying less ice frozen to your sled in the real world. Another proven option is selective powder on some aspects of your sled and vinyl on others. That is the most effective way to limit snow and ice adhesion and build-up with a not so much permanant commitment to the program.

After you fix the running boards with Better Boards the next best is the suspension rails! That one is super simple and costs about $85 to $100 to fix. The manufactures lightweight vehicle in the shop is just the start. How much snow and ice glues to them once you get riding is what is even more important!

I have my van amburg tunnel powdercoated and its does make a big difference as far as snow build up. As far as wear and tear goes the powdercoating has help up pretty good but not great. If you bend your running boards or anything like that the powdercoating will start flaking away but thats only the running boards for the most part.

My buddy adam (he might chime in) stripped his 09 cat down when he first got it and powdercoated the tunnel and bulkhead. It looks pretty trick and is holding up well from what I can see.

Not sure how powdercoating would void a warranty? Guess it depends on who your dealer is and that sort of thing.

2blade

Sep 5, 2008
You would have to separate the tunnel from the bulkhead. Remember they are glued together now.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Here is a proto sporting about 50 extra lbs of frozen snow.......selective powder coating...vinyl...some other stuff I'm working on...and ABSOLUTELY BETTER BOARDS...my PRO will be as close to the 431 dry as possible. WILL YOURS?

attachment.php

2011 Pro needs Better Boards.JPG

Premium Features