• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

subframe removal on a 2009 nytro MTX

S

sask_quatch

Nov 6, 2009
Melville Saskatchewan. Canada
I managed to kiss a post this weekend, and bent the subframe. I just recieved a replacement one. What are the steps to replacing it? The one I recieved is for the 2010, is there any differences between the two and how do I deal with it? sway bar??

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Pretty easy job, just a little time consuming. Remove all the front plastic panels. Jack up the sled around the engine sump area so that the skis are almost off the ground. Start undoing everything that joins the subframe to the chassis. Remove as one piece ie. leave front suspension complete with skis on subframe.

A

aart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
do you have the pdf of the service manual? if not i could email it to you if you pm me. i would take all the a-arms with the ski's off before you unbolt from main frame, simplier to work on it more sturdy but your call. the years difference are nothing other than bracing, and swaybar is gone. keep us informed.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
do you have the pdf of the service manual? if not i could email it to you if you pm me. i would take all the a-arms with the ski's off before you unbolt from main frame, simplier to work on it more sturdy but your call. the years difference are nothing other than bracing, and swaybar is gone. keep us informed.

I have done it many times and find it easier with suspension still on. Both for taking off and on. Its self supporting that way and works slick. Either way will work.

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
Be careful to not place a floor jack directly on the oil pan. It will crack if the sled shifts or you accidently drop it.

Premium Features