• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ok Cat Heads!! :)

M
Jan 21, 2010
Ok i am now starting to look for my first mtn sled.:D But i need some advice on what to look for in the dif brands so i am posting something like this in every brand forum. It will be a used sled and i do do more ditch banging and trail than mtn, I need to go west or east for the mtn which i am also planning as i type. Can you please give me some tips on what to look for in used mtn AC's that can still be decent on the trails and ditch's?? All the help and comments will be gratefully appreciated!!!;) One more thing i just rememberd, do i go 4-stroker or smoker??

Last edited:

boone

Premium Member
May 27, 2007
Crazytown!!
If you want to enjoy your ditch banging and trail riding, I would go with a crossfire 8 or 1000 with a snopro track. They are good for riding ditches and trails, yet will still perform fairly well in the mountains. I dont care to ride around home and only do so occasionaly to pass the time between trips, so I am happy to ride my M1000 162 around here. The M series handle the ditches and trails fine but are more of a challenge to keep cool when riding in marginal snow conditions. It just depends where you ride most and where you want to have the most fun. I prefer to ride out west so the long track is my preference.

Boone

Premium Features