• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cracked Gas tank neck fix

N
Dec 3, 2009
My gas tank neck cracked first ride out on my new 2004 600HO. Thanks to snowhawkaddict, I was able to fix it fairly cheap ($85). Also want to thank thuderhawk for offering to sell me a new tank for a great price, but was just scared that it would crack again. Check out the pictures of the fix. If anyone has this problem, click on www.justgastanks.com for a clark dry brake conversion kit.

P1120065.jpg P1120066.jpg P1120068.jpg P1120071.jpg

Last edited:
T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
Nice fix!!

Are you registered for VT or NY only? I'm going Saturday to southeast VT if you want to meet up.

George from Long Island and Tony from VT, how about you guys?

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
i wanna break my tank just so i can put that on! it looks awesome!

im with ya on the messy garage thing!!! i think i spend more time looking for things than working in mine...

whistlerhawk

Premium Member
Mar 23, 2008
Whistler BC
Corks Gaskets leaks - TLKDProd has the fix!

I have the same dry break conversion on my tank as I also did the Walbro Fuel pick-up mod and needed 3" access into my gas tank to mount the fuel pick-ups.

The cork gaskets that come with the dry break kit weep gas and really smell up your garage as the gas vents out. I figure if gas can come out, water can go in. Thierry (TLKDProd) has this dry break also and had some rubber gaskets made up that fit this dry break perfectly with no leaks. Contact him to see if he can make some up for you. Justgastanks.com does not have any rubber gaskets to replace the cork so Thierry is your best bet! You will also require longer bolts than what comes with the kit as the plastic tank is pretty thick compared to a dirt bike gas tank and the rubber gaskets are thick too - but no more leaks!

Premium Features