• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro throttle problem

W
Feb 6, 2008
Recently changed out the stock bars,risers, and added a Fly pivot adapter to my 2010 yamaha nytro. The riser was a 6 inch(same as stock) but between the bars and pivot adaptor at the end of the mod my grips ended up being about 2.5- 3 inches above stock location and moved forward about 3 - 4 inches,which was what I was hoping to achive. The problem now is that it seems that i am not getting full throttle out of the machine. Anyone eles done this sort of mod? Any ideas on how to fix this? Any ideas/help greatly appreciated.
thanks
whiskey

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
You are going to have to reroute you throttle cable. I run 8 inch without a Monster riser without a problem.

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
Yeah I am running the same setup as washy with a OFT relocator on top of it. You should reroute it to relieve any stress on the cable. How much free play are you getting before it starts to open the throttle?? You can adjust that with the adjuster (the thick section in your cable about 6 to 8 inches from the throttle block) just don't make it too tight or TORS will become a problem. You can check if you are getting WOT by depressing the throttle to the bar, then hook your finger on the cable and pull to see how far you are off.

Hope this helps, any more questions fire away!

Premium Features