• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled won't shut off all the time with kill switch

PR Performance

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Southern Minnesota
I have an 08 600r motor with 800 topend, and when I flip the kill switch it doesn't shut off all the time, so i try the tether cord and it stll doesn't shut off, I end up having to pull spark plugs off to shut it down. I have checked all of theconections any ideas

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I have an 08 600r motor with 800 topend, and when I flip the kill switch it doesn't shut off all the time, so i try the tether cord and it stll doesn't shut off, I end up having to pull spark plugs off to shut it down. I have checked all of theconections any ideas

I have seen this and been a victim of it. Most of the time it is caused by one of two things-

Lean condition, turning your spark plugs into glow plugs so motor diesels (very bad)

Or wiring. 2 main places to look- On your two 3-prong rubber connectors coming out of your stator, or rectifer wiring/plugs.

My guess is in your wiring. Inspect your harness for any spots it may be rubbing again your pull cord, jackshaft, motor straps, or case. Then, open all your electrical connectors, spray them all with carb cleaner, remove any debris, and you should be good to go. There's only so many places to look. If that doesn't work, test your kill switch, tether, rectifer, and ignition coil for proper resistance.

If none of that works let us know.

PR Performance

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Southern Minnesota
600r motor in 05 chasis

I have checked all wires, I thought I read something about the 08-09 600 motors are grounded through the exhaust pipe, well with my aftermarket exhaust from neils power pipes, it must not be grounding out everytime to allow the kill switch or the tether to shut it off. Is there something else I need to do? Any info would be great

PR Performance

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Southern Minnesota
I checked all my connections and they were all good, So all I ended up doing was attaching an exhaust spring to the chasis, now my switch and tether works all the time. Thanks for all the help

Premium Features