• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Private Theads....5 clicks to get to em?

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
few years back we had a private forum in a format where "you" could only see the private threads you had access to, this was on the main page and super sweet and simple, now you have to make three mouse clicks and scroll down "your profile".....bit of a pain if you ask me, any way it can be easier, or am i missing somin??

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Agreed, this would be a great change for a more useful forum. It would also be nice to have it automatically update new posts, instead of having to refresh it.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
agreed

they have pretty much died out do to being too confusing to get to...

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
any word on this? I used to use the private sections a lot, now I don't anymore. It would be nice if this were changed, and also make them completely private.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
few years back we had a private forum in a format where "you" could only see the private threads you had access to, this was on the main page and super sweet and simple, now you have to make three mouse clicks and scroll down "your profile".....bit of a pain if you ask me, any way it can be easier, or am i missing somin??

What your looking for is called PRIVATE SOCIAL GROUPS.

And we finished the code over the weekend for them.

This is where you go to create one.
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/group.php?do=create

I will be posting instructions and the general announcement of the new feature shortly.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Don't be fooled, they are not private.
How private do you need them to be? Sure the mods can see them, but these new ones, it seems allow you to limit other users.

If you want it really private, you can always do it off of snowest...;)

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
How private do you need them to be? Sure the mods can see them, but these new ones, it seems allow you to limit other users.

If you want it really private, you can always do it off of snowest...;)

You've always been able to limit users. What does private mean to you?

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
You've always been able to limit users. What does private mean to you?
The first private groups, non members of the private group could not see into your group. The social groups or whatever (2nd iteration I guess), you could limit who was in the group but everyone was able to see what was being posted.

Now it looks like you can limit who enters and who is able to see the post. So it is private except for the mods..

Seems pretty private to me.

What is your definition?

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Our "private" thread has more visits by admins and mods than by the invited members of the thread.......and have already been warned that moderation will occur when they deem it needed.

Premium Features