• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08' Nytro Rear Suspension Sag

M
Mar 22, 2009
Fairbanks, AK
Been searching for a better part of the day trying to figure out what kind of fixes there are for the sag in the stock skid of the 08/09 Nytros.

Currently my sled has about 1" of return when I get off the sled, and is practically bottomed out when I'm standing on the boards. I'm about 160 lbs with no gear, and it still does it. X clicks are set to the highest setting, stock everything on the skid.

Was reading something about a spring mod?

Kind of looking for a "budget" fix until I get the tax return and can afford a new skid...

Thanks!

JD:beer;

M
Mar 22, 2009
Fairbanks, AK
I was looking for someone who makes a different shock but I can't find any part numbers to save my life, much less a manufacturer that lists the nytro... Found the Hygear revalve stuff, but that's about it.

You by chance have a PN for those apex springs?

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
Save ur money and get a timber, kmod or racers edge.. I put a ohlins in and bent my torsion springs in a press to stiffen them up the first season and it still sagged out after a bunch of riding.. Heavy junk!!

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Save ur money and get a timber, kmod or racers edge.. I put a ohlins in and bent my torsion springs in a press to stiffen them up the first season and it still sagged out after a bunch of riding.. Heavy junk!!

yah, stock suspension = heavy junk. Don't spend ANY money on it. Going to a cat suspension would be the best option, IMO. Cheaper then the rest, and you get a lighter suspension, better shocks, and better performance. If you want more, you can always just upgrade the shocks to zbroz afterwards..

M
Mar 22, 2009
Fairbanks, AK
Friend of mine is running the KMOD, and I really like that setup, just don't have 1600 to spend right now :( I had an Expert X on my last sled, and LOVED the way it handled the way I ride, never bottomed, could double over rollers, jump as much as I wanted, and never had a problem with it.

Time to save my pennies :D

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Get an Arctic Cat skid. You can find them on the swap for around 600-800 bucks. Great skids and save 30#'s. Junk that stock POS.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
++junk it. Spent most of the fall trying to work out how I could band-aid up the stock POS rear and finally just broke down and got a timber.

Premium Features