• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

parts unlimited piston kit

P
Feb 13, 2009
Colstrip MT
has anybody ever use the parts unlimited piston kit they have two different rings one is all black and is the keystone type the other is also of the keystone type but the out side edge is silver like nickel or some thing and the edges are chamfered. so does anyone know which one is the top ring. the paper work they sent with the pistons does not say. I would guess the silver one would be the top ring but i need to be 100% shear be for i put it together .

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
has anybody ever use the parts unlimited piston kit they have two different rings one is all black and is the keystone type the other is also of the keystone type but the out side edge is silver like nickel or some thing and the edges are chamfered. so does anyone know which one is the top ring. the paper work they sent with the pistons does not say. I would guess the silver one would be the top ring but i need to be 100% shear be for i put it together .

The black one is the bottom ring and the silver one is the top ring. If I am not mistaken the bottom ring is thicker and would not fit in the top ring groove very well.

Premium Features