• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How much should I sell this for?!

M
Nov 12, 2008
Flathead
So I have a motor out of my wrecked 03 700 and need to sell it but I have no idea what I should ask for?
Motor has around 1300 miles, little sign of flaking in the cylinder walls, and is bare with nothing else hooked up...

What do you guys think?

T
Sep 10, 2009
meridian ID
its hard to say, what is still attached to it? Flaking on the cylinders?? what is the compression? if it was in good shape they usually go for anywhere from 600 to 1000. but its really only worth what somebody is willing to pay

and out of curiosity what does TTT mean??

M
Nov 12, 2008
Flathead
its hard to say, what is still attached to it? Flaking on the cylinders?? what is the compression? if it was in good shape they usually go for anywhere from 600 to 1000. but its really only worth what somebody is willing to pay

and out of curiosity what does TTT mean??

Thanks for the feedback
I just have the Y pipe and oil pump attached to it right now. Not sure what compression was but it ran strong last year before it was wrecked. Some sign of flaking IN the cylinder, which is pretty common on these twins. I have a guy offering $850 for it..

C

cbrown

Mar 12, 2009
Libby MT
i will bye

hey if it is for a ski doo i might be intrested in bying it and putting it in my 2003 600 cassy but send pics

D
Sorry about highjacking this thread MG.... I also have an 02 / 700 motor with 300 km sitting in a box. Engine is ported, and I have all accessories required to run, except the stator. Used it on an 800 crate motor which was an 03. Have that stator.

C
Jan 24, 2002
Helena, MT
Thank YOU

A huge THANK YOU goes out to Dman.. for hijacking this thread. :beer;

And I can comment now . . .
Last spring the ol' 2000 700 lost an oil pump at 7980 miles. I was LONG over the sled, as it had paid itself off many miles ago.

I am a LONG way from Sylvan Lake, but I have a sister just down the road. I responded to Dman, and what do you know . . . We made a deal, and it was finally picked up, and will be here just after Christmas.

Seems, I will not be parting out the loaner sled. It worked out great for both Dman and my son.. Junior was hoping I would upgrade mine.. But, I cannot DOO it this season. :mad:

Sweet, its fresh, and at a reasonable price. ;)

Thank You to Snowest, for the great resource provided to us Users.
I MIGHT even pay, but that is still a BIG might.. Time will tell.

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
I'll echo a THANKS to SW for this forum, a great resource for sleds, parts, and info. Hope it doesn't change for the worse when pay-to-play starts.
I intend to subscribe, just havn't seen any info on where tosign on, don't want my service interupted and left out in the cold.:beer;:eek::D

D
Here's one to Cheekster & Snowest,

I had that engine sitting in my garage for a couple of years, and there was a slim chance that it would ever make it back into the ZX. MG posts a message asking for a price on a motor... it happened to be a 700 cc.
I didn't think there was any demand for a 700 with all of the high HP sleds out there.
Cheekster sent me a PM and we worked out a deal.

The internet is a great way to advertise.

This is the 4th transaction I've made on Snowest both buying and selling. All have been positive.

Premium Features