• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

surface rust on pushrod?

C
Nov 23, 2009
Kelowna BC Canada
I have read threads on hear about synthetics causing rusting...so last night I pulled my reeds to inspect them and decided to stick my new LED light in the bottom end and noticed my push rods had an "orange" color to them. Assumed it is the rust problem associated with VES Gold. sled is a 04 VE and has 2500 miles. What do you guys think? This is enough evidence for me to change oils.

S
Dec 27, 2007
Aberdeen, SD
There are many opinions about the oils being used. I'm hoping to not start another debate. I think there are advantages to using good synthetics. I use ves gold. I think the key here is in long term storage. IMO, it is even more important to use a good quality fogging oil if you use synthetic oil during the riding season. My sleds smoke like they are on fire when first started up for the riding season.

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
I have read threads on hear about synthetics causing rusting...so last night I pulled my reeds to inspect them and decided to stick my new LED light in the bottom end and noticed my push rods had an "orange" color to them. Assumed it is the rust problem associated with VES Gold. sled is a 04 VE and has 2500 miles. What do you guys think? This is enough evidence for me to change oils.

The connecting rods have a orange tint to them. IMO there is nothing better than the VES.

Premium Features