• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

axle kit on mountain tamer with timbersled rails

B

Blaster

Dec 31, 2007
Looking for some opinions on which axle to run on timbersled rails and mountain tamer suspension. Instructions say they require arctic cat axle setup? or is the timbersled wheel kit the way to go? 2 wheels or 4 wheels? little concerned about only 2 wheels on long rides as i think you'd be screwed if you lost one. oh ya and i'm stock.....for now

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
my current setup is mtn tamer with timbersled/iceage yamaha rails with 8 inch offset then an mmp freedom axle with three 9" wheels. works great your rails should come with the hardware to use stock axle or watever you decide to use. theres lots of turbos running 2wheels never heard of one going but if thats a worry for ya just keep a spare bearing in your sled.

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
IceAge TimberSled Rails with Mountain Machines Wheels and Axle

DSC00332-1.jpg

B

Blaster

Dec 31, 2007
the mm axle and wheels look sweet. i can't run my existing yamaha axle with the new timbersled rails...this is what i was asking as well. they say u can use arctic cat, so was wondering some options was all. i think i'm sold on two wheels anyway. thanks

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
wat they mean is that the rails now use an artic cat style track tension adjuster, i'm pretty sure you could use the yammie axle if ya wanted to.

827revdog

Jun 18, 2008
michigan
ice age makes a two wheel axle for the rails. i have a new in the box one for 50.00 shipped if interested. also mountain machines make a nice two wheel cat axle also.

stoli

Lifetime Membership
Aug 17, 2009
Golden Valley MN
Check with the OFT guys. I am pretty sure they have an axel kit for the iceage rails now in a 2 and 3 wheel inside kit. I know it exists as i saw it on my skid (TS skid with Iceage rails) at thier shop a few weeks back - Moto and Scmurs dont shoot me if that is a prototype and not relased in full production yet.

DSC00538.jpg

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
That OFT setup looks Fabulous. If money is an issue just buy a new Arctic Cat M series Stock axle. Its $10 from Babbits. Then get any 8"wheel to fit it.

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
the mm axle and wheels look sweet. i can't run my existing yamaha axle with the new timbersled rails...this is what i was asking as well. they say u can use arctic cat, so was wondering some options was all. i think i'm sold on two wheels anyway. thanks

I vote for the Arctic Cat Axle!!!!!!:face-icon-small-hap

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
have my Oft Racing kit en route as I type this...will post pics as soon as it is installed...Have the new 174" Timbersled rails too...will be FUN!!!

mud99

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2009
Truckee, CA
Here's my $20 BDX 2 wheel axle. You need to get adjuster blocks for it or make your own though. I made some out of pipe, these were the first version not the final version. Final version has milled flats for the adjusters.

IMG_0807.JPG

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Your hifax are just a hair long, aren't they? :D:beer;

Here's my $20 BDX 2 wheel axle. You need to get adjuster blocks for it or make your own though. I made some out of pipe, these were the first version not the final version. Final version has milled flats for the adjusters.

IMG_0807.JPG

Premium Features