• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hoods Off?

M
Dec 29, 2007
been watching alot of vids of other snowhawks as i am going to buy one. and one thing i notice is that everyone rolls with their hoods off. is this for the clutches or the engine? is it something thats a problem on the 600's or just the 8's?

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
its a manly thing...

they are just trying to show off the size of the motor and all the cool trinkets under the hood....im too embarrassed to show off my tiny 503...my hood stays on! haha

have any of the liquid guys tried runnin a small radiator under the hood by the vents? maybe a small one from a 85cc dirtbike for some extra cooling. or any of them inline aluminum coolers?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Take your top off!

On a warm sunny day come March and April, even a 503F can heat the hood till the forhead starts to sag, and melt your headlight assembly.

Our machines hight allows you to hang it all out in powder conditions, if snow gets in reach in and pull it out.

That shweet twin piped 600 Mod Polaris Hawk I showed in the picture thread has a mesh hood now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC3SbE-0tpI

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
Mesh Hood

I'd be curious to see that. Sure serve a function but ALL mesh hoods I've seen on sleds looked like crap. A Topless Hawk doesn't look good at all either according to me !

Might be time for us to start throwing some lines at the drawing board and make something decent looking, shouldn't we Rude... ?

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
Good good ! Can't wait to see the pics OffRoadRider !

I personnally wouldn't ride with a mesh hood anyways (too hard to put graphics on !!!) Just getting rid of the head light (and run one of your helmet light!), add mesh to cover the head light hole and away would go most of the heat since the "head" of our hood is the highest part. Considering that the rear is already open, opening the front would then create a "tunnel for the "wind" to catch the rising hot air and push it out through the back hole, on the rider, warming him up !

That's the way I'm going this winter. Tried it on my last ride last year without anything to cover the headlight hole and seem to work alright.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
And you wonder why they are attracted to you!

T, your machine don't make you or it look good, it's your riding, and others wishing they could.;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8SZ5-ChQyc&feature=related
theroadwarrior.jpg

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
AAAAaaaaahahahahahah !

That's "kind" of true T.

Talking for myself here but... I ONLY HAD TO LOOK AT A STILL HAWK FOR ABOUT 15 SECONDS TO BE TOTALLY SOLD TO THE IDEA !

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
are u kidding me T in usa?

15 seconds! when i pulled in my friends driveway and saw it leaning on the barn....1 second and i knew i had to have it! then i rode it....2 years of anger management and depression until my wife gave me some cash to buy it! that was 5 years ago i think? still got the same 02' 503 runnin strong!!!

Premium Features