• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2scs

M
Nov 27, 2007
Mulletville, AK.
So here's the deal. I borrow the new 2SCS12 CD from my son in law and watch it last night, great vid BTW. Any way, I pop it into the player tonight to check it out again and decide to watch the extra's first. Big mistake, the first extra is a music video by the group Vailent Thorr? and the song is an anti war Bush bash. WTH? :mad:

Aaron and Andy, I am a long time fan of your videos but you have just lost a customer. I watch sled videos to get my mind off politics and the problems of the world, not be reminded of them.

Yes you have the right to your opinion and I respect that, but I also have the right to my opinion and as a supporter of "W" I really don't care to hear yours on a CD meant to entertain on the subject of snowmachines.

Why? :confused: Disappointed in Alaska

I received a PM from Aaron.

Mtnsld,

Hello this is Aaron with Frontier Films.
I was doing some research for promoting our film on google and saw your 2scs12 going political post.
Just wanted to let you know the deal.

Picking music an acquiring music rights are the hardest parts of producing a film. Unfortunately we have to spend thousands of dollars to get the rights. Which bites. Therefore we do deals with record labels to get cheaper music. One of deals with did this year saved us a few hundred bucks. The label was like hey if you put some of our music videos in your bonus features we will discount your bill. Thats all. My bad I did not even have time to screen the videos because we were out of time and needed to get the film to market. Next time I will screen and make sure there is nothing political that will offend you. Frontier Films is not political. However we do believe in freedom of speech. If a band wants talk **** about Bush so be it. Thats the beautiful thing about our country is we as citizens have that right.
If I was you I would not try to take it so seriously.
It was not intentional. Next time I will try to keep the political views out of our bonus features so that I can keep great customers like you happy! Have a great winter! Sorry for our bad. Cheers
Aaron
Forward Message

Last edited:

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
So here's the deal. I borrow the new 2SCS12 CD from my son in law and watch it last night, great vid BTW. Any way, I pop it into the player tonight to check it out again and decide to watch the extra's first. Big mistake, the first extra is a music video by the group Vailent Thorr? and the song is an anti war Bush bash. WTH? :mad:

Aaron and Andy, I am a long time fan of your videos but you have just lost a customer. I watch sled videos to get my mind off politics and the problems of the world, not be reminded of them.

Yes you have the right to your opinion and I respect that, but I also have the right to my opinion and as a supporter of "W" I really don't care to hear yours on a CD meant to entertain on the subject of snowmachines.

X2 here. Another customer lost.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Yeah, those kids in Jersey were just singing a song (about Nobama). You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything, sound familiar?

M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah

Amen...

That's where Hollywood goes wrong.

We watch actors because they are good at playing like they are something that they are not.

They often go wrong by thinking their fame gives them a ticket to voice their opinion. I say Just listen to the director, and say the lines.

There's a time and place for politics, and some people have to learn the hard way. Your lack of success is a very difficult way to learn your lesson.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Farmington, MN
yup

"trees for traction" is a bad logo anywhere. "Here's some fuel Mr. Commie Greenie guy, have fun shutting down our little sport."

I read in the paper over the weekend that sleds make up 2% or Poo's business. I'm convinced we're only making ourselves more insignificant with T-shirts that read "trees for traction." That cannot help matters in any way shape or form.

Bush was not trying to kill innocense to further his political or religious causes. He was simply trying to defend our country the best way he saw fit.

Eric

R
Dec 28, 2007
Eagle, ID
Whats sad is most bands you will hear in any sled vid are left wing numb nuts without a clue. It ain't just 2SCS. You'd have to put a bunch of clips together with county music to stay away from the lefty bands. I like county music and all, but it doesn't fire me up for riding.

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
I bought 2SCS12 at the Anchorage Winter Rec show. I watched it first and then checked out the extras. I too was turned off by Valient Thor, but mostly because the song sucked on its merits.

I won't write off a video series that I like because of a mistake in promo'ing a douchey band like VT. Especially considering that most of the bands that make the music we like to ride to lean waaay left in their politics. I urge you guys to rethink your decision.

Aaron, Andy, guys please don't feature Virulent Douche in 2SCS13. Thanks.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Sweden
I agree with that the bands are left wing, but that is the way it is. If you want to get fired up you are bound to hear some pure commie, green, liberal lyrics. Personaly I cant hear the lyrics of some of the songs, but thats because english is my second language. =D

Premium Features