• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My girl is topless!!

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
I posted earlier to see if anyone had tried removing the gauge cluster/windshield but no response. So, I gave it a shot. I am mounting my water temp gauge and wideband 02 on the tank shroud and have an aftermarket tach that willl be mounted on my risers. Haven't pulled the rivets yet but I think it looks pretty cool. Best thing about it is that all that deep powder will be hitting me in the chest instead of in the head:)

SANY0031.jpg

SANY0032.jpg

SANY0033.jpg

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
That look super clean, what did you use for the "dash" ... plastic I see but were did you get it? I'm thinking this is good a few pounds on my heavy RT, if the new piece will fit over the ecm.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
I used 1/16" HDPE to start. It is easy enough to cut with heavy scissors. I have relocated my ECU directly under this so it stays dry. I may end up doing it again in dark blue, we'll see. You can't tell from the pix but it looks pretty clean. I really like the way it looks and between the headlights and pod probably lost 5-6 lbs.

Rt

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
Cut the top piece for the third time this AM and finally got it perfect. I'm not using rivets but instead have some small black headed screws. Problem is that I burnt my finger tips off getting the correct bend on the sides so it looks factory. It really looks good though. I'll try to get some new pix tomorrow and post em up. The plastic is .050 HDPE and can be cut and heated to mold it. Still waiting on my gauges:(

Rt

Premium Features