• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yes - another riser thread

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I can't believe I have to ask this but I searched, and searched, and can't seem to get a straight clear answer.
I have a 09 D8 with the stock pro-taper bars. I want to put a riser on. Looking at the RSI 15 degree set. Paul at Sled Solutions says they are coming out with a 4" now.

Coming off a 05 900 with 4" riser which was pretty close for me.

These pro-taper bars appear to be fairly tall already but have not rode the sled yet to confirm.

My three questions are:
- Can you put a 4" riser on this pro-taper set up without extending cables, etc.
- Does the 15 degree RSI kit fit properly on this post (I have read threads where it needs to be modified?)
- Are the pro-tapers taller in stock trim than the older style IQ bars, ie. will a 3" riser be tall enough.

Please....some simple clear answers would be awesome! Paul is waiting for my order.
Cheers,
Gary

W
Aug 20, 2008
utah
15 will work, might have to drill bigger holes in the post i did, not sure if it taller than earlier models i came off and m7. i use the three inch and seems plenty tall enough. not much more room for any more hight as far as cables might rub. if you go 4 i would extend but i think you would be happy with the 3 inch

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
How tall are you? I'm 6'3" and seems to be just right.
I did have to drill the holes out a little bigger but not a big deal.
Duct tape the hole your steering post comes up thru. If you drop a washer or nut down there you'll need a magnet and a couple beers to get it out.:eek::beer;
If I remember right the 3" seemed pretty maxed out for cables.
I think it's a great set up with the taller Pro Taper bars.:face-icon-small-hap

RSI Riser.jpg

Last edited:

XPWY

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
WY
With the RSI 3" and the pro taper bars, total rise is right around 7" from the post.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
on pro taper the 4" is max without extensions but works just fine, wouldn't we all pay $3.00 more if every sled came with longer cables, just 2 inches would help

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Thanks for all the input guys. Based on the posts here and a few PM's with excellent advice :face-icon-small-win I ordered up an Ole's riser from Paul.
http://www.olesmachine.com/
Chose this one for the proper fit, strength benefits of a one piece design, price is excellent,and looks like the 3" riser is doable with no cable mods and will give me the height I am looking for.
Cheers,

Premium Features