• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Instrumentation

R

redneck_raser

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2009
Does any body build a traditional 9-10,000 rpm tach guage with a EGT readout in the bottom?? lots make one with coolant temp but I haven't found one with a pyro.. digatron does but they're all digital and pricey.

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
Trailtech Vapor. That thang's got it all: http://trailtech.net/motorcycle_vapor_kits.html

I even designed a steering plate to retrofit properly the vapor in between Sledr2's handlebar risers as well as all the other stuff on our handlebars (Personnal preference here : after blowing my light switch, rear taillignt switch on handbrake AND my on/off/on switch last year while flipping it over..., I decided that they needed to be more protected and that dash/steering plate was the answer.) So on this particular one, there's room for 2 on/off switches (probably 1 for handwarmers and 1 for the light), the Vapor itself, stock kill switch, stock overheat light and the freakin Choke knob ! You know how much of a pain this choke knob is when you get to take your back cowling off every week... That plate will be water jetted out of .250" Steel plate with reinforcing triangles at the base (missing on the attached drawing). Should be strong enough to withstand the standard Hawking abuse.

My stock one is cracked. So is yours probably if you crashed hard a few times. Have a look before it lets go on ya at the beginning of an epic day next winter !

Oh and by the way, I don't beleive in ADBoivin's handlebar bushings on the '06or newer Hawks. The rubber bushings are sandwitched between two 1/8" alu plates and they expect this not to bend under a guy torquing on the handlebar... Not the way to go, period. If you really want proper vibration dampening, the proper way to do it would be to go with a solid riser assembly like this one and get yourself a set of these handlebars : http://www.fasstco.com/products/flexx.shtml

Steering plate retrofit.jpg

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
vapor

I got the vapors in stock for the the hawks also have the sparkplug sensor so can tell the head temp. you can hook up speed sensor too but only reads to 40 mph then goes nuts. 100.00 for base unit

they do not have egts but been looking at the koso ones and think i will get one to try this winter. good price point.

Premium Features