• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Detroit Lakes conditions?

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
i heard the trails are not too bad around DL. anyone know for sure? want to head up there this weekend, inlaws have a cabin around there.

I live and ride in the D.L. area. The trails around here are in pretty good shape right now. Everything off trail is packed but still very rideable. Warm temps the next couple of days could change that but it depends on how much sun there is. This weekend should still be rideable, regardless, maybe spring conditions though. I would say north and east of D.L. is the best..

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
great, thanks alot. that is kindof what i was expecting to hear. im not expecting anything great just to get some more miles on as long as i am going up there anyways to visit the inlaws.

L

lynxer292b

Jan 19, 2009
The warm temps today definitly did some damage, but from what I have seen North of Detroit Lakes is still 100% ridable. South of town would be of, but the club doesn't groom enough South of town (North of town the county grooms) now it is to warm so grooming is impossible well it will just ruin the snow. North of town is good I plan to ride Sat and Sun North of town probably the last weekend around here.

L

lynxer292b

Jan 19, 2009
Well you can pretty much disregard my previous post! I came out of school at 9:00 and it was raining. HARD. it looks pretty crappy. Where should I go riding now!? GF and I have work off this weekend (first time in many) and wanted to get in one last weekend of riding! Brainered? Walker? Bemidji?

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i went riding yesterday. brainerd. alot of mud in some places. in the woods where good. i think much farther north and you get out of the snow band we got last week and it rained north yesterday.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
well i found some broken **** in my rear skid so i am not going now anyway. it sounds like it is for the best since the snow went downhill.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
lynxer. i would say it's not bad. the paul bunyan is perfect no tar. big drag races at ernies on gull. i will be riding tomarrow. some areas yesterday were great, the swamps weren't good

L

lynxer292b

Jan 19, 2009
Couldn't get you to post up some pics or a report tommorow night could I? I want to come up there on Sunday.
Thanks!
Nick

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
not ridable now. it got cold last night and the wet snow froze like ice. a few sleds on the lake but that is about it

L

lynxer292b

Jan 19, 2009
Thats what it is like here too. I ended up going over to a buddies house and did some climbing on a big hill. Was alright I guess. Big storm comming hopefully will turn things around for a while!

S

sledchick

Nov 26, 2007
NSL, UT
Sled Chick,
Shouldn't you be in school??????????????
spring break this week, I have 2 classes everyday..so most is spent on snowest..;) Crane Lake area was alright, I'm hoping that this snow comes..might be heading back up there on wednesday maybe? We rode about 225 miles, on Arrow wood trail up to Elephant lake, then rode about 100 miles backcountry, guys we rode grew up in the area so they knew where they were going! :D Hope you guys find some snow! If not there is always out west..;)

Premium Features