• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Limiter Strap on Mountain Cats

M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
The limiter strap should be towards the front of the track, just behind the drive wheels.

When adjusting the limiter strap there are a couple of things to be aware of.

1- sometimes the skis lift off of the ground on 1m chassis and makes it difficult to turn or climb, so you can tighten it one hole and eliminate that. My dad likes his 1m 900 like that...

2- I found with my yamaha mountain max that I had to tighten the limiter strap a bit, to make the track approach angle shallower. when the straps were loose, the sled would bob & fall, while going through powder. When I got the straps set right it was a powder machine.

3- with my king cat I tried tightening the straps one hole and found that the very back of the track was digging in while climbing in deep powder. I loosened the straps and the skis lift a little, but the track flattens, and I am able to climb a lot better. It doesn't trench as bad...

4-I found with an old polaris 600 that I had to tighten the straps. When I would climb, the skis would lift about a foot, and the track would drop out so far that it felt like I was riding a porpus.

These are my findings, you can experiment with it and find that sweet spot. They are easy to adjust.

When tightening them just lift your sled, and put a 2x4 under the track, below the front H arm, then press down, the weight of the machine should keep it compressed long enough to make the adjustment.

Last edited:
Premium Features