• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does anybody used the stm 8 arm billet clutch

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
Ive seen them on drag sleds, but not on the mountain sleds. Your going to need one on the monster your building. How about some pics of your sled.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
What kind of sled are you running? I think Glenn Hall has used them on his drag sleds in the past. How much are they?

cyrus3355

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
lost
try one stop performance. they use them on there drag sleds. You can also check the racing forum on amsnow.

A
Dec 2, 2007
Mammoth Lakes
I looked into them for my 1500cc RXP project. Talked to STM and got the impression that you really only need it if you are worried about belt slip on engagement. Makes sense for a drag sled but for a mountain sled I decided I didn't need it.

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
Brad,
Doug Ruth is ordering one. I will let you know how it pans out on his 1500.
From the sounds of it, it would work well for racing. Dunno about mountain riding/boondocking. Kinda like the HRP.....;)

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Hope you try it out Brad, would be fun to find out what it will do on such a machine.
Getting the Hp to the ground is a struggle on these engines, and in these turbo-times the response of the n/a 2-strokes must be used to its fullest potential!!;)

But your money so your choice.

RS

R
Jan 23, 2009
bought the stm 8 arm clutch last yr and tried it on my psi 1200 twin and wouldnt work for me, the washers behind the spider were coming apart and mark said that was to do with harmonics on twins so he said they are better suited for the smother non vibrating tripls and inline 4stokes

Premium Features