• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hill Climb races? on cooke?

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Since when have there been races?

I am very interested in riding in it, where, when and what are the rules? any classes? age limitations?

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
Since when have there been races?

I am very interested in riding in it, where, when and what are the rules? any classes? age limitations?

we had a great time last year!!

it was up at round lake...
not sure if they are going to goto the same hill

it was called the SLED AND LIVER TUNE

just bragging rights i think

had sled classes by size and mods

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
good post!

LSB has been out of the country so we haven't been able to iron everything out, but here is what we have!

Classes are:

800 and Above Stock
799 and Below Stock
1000 and Above Modified - this includes the Turbo's
999 and Below Modified

This will be the 5th year of the event! We will have trophies again this year for each class again this year!

Following the races we have a Charity auction and trophy presentation usually held at the Minor's bar.

money gets split 3 ways.

Friends of Cooke City S&R
Cooke City EMS
Snowmobile Club/Grooming

If anyone on here wants to donate an item, please do! PM me, LSB or mention it on here and I can give you shipping information. We appreciate everything, big or small, it all adds up. All this money helps more than you can imagine. It also stays right here in Cooke City to help on the local level, with approval from the local people who know exactly what is needed.

If you have have any questions lay them on me!

KJP

Last edited:
D

DRAFTINGMAN

Jan 9, 2008
X
Which hill do you do the climb on?

What hill do you guys do the climb on for the contest?

Draftingman

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
That video is of the race hill, but the it was snowing so hard we couldn't hardly see what was going on to video!

Every year we try to get set up better, so hopefully we will have better quality video.

This map is where the race takes place!

KJP

cookecitysnowmap.jpg

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Where does nitrous fall in at? And why should I have to run my 866 against a M1000? I think there needs to be more diversafication on the classes. Also a 600 doesn't want to run against 800's. And a 600 mod definately doesn't want to run against a 1000 mod! :eek: If you have more classes, I think more people would race. Just my $.02 :devil:

D

DRAFTINGMAN

Jan 9, 2008
X
Thanks for the location!!

:) I know that hill!!!! THanks for the VID. and the picture of the
location! Keep up the great work you guys do!!

Draftingman:beer;:)

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
Where does nitrous fall in at? And why should I have to run my 866 against a M1000? I think there needs to be more diversafication on the classes. Also a 600 doesn't want to run against 800's. And a 600 mod definately doesn't want to run against a 1000 mod! :eek: If you have more classes, I think more people would race. Just my $.02 :devil:

Okay so a bit of clarification on the classes.

for the stock classes that means stock motors we do allow pipes/cans, clutching, gearing as long as the motor has never been cracked open! As weird as it may sound the stock 800 were right neck and neck with the 1k's

If you have nos, turbo, or if the motor has been apart you end up in the Mod class.

As someone else said it is a just for fun and charity/fundraiser for the area! We do have trophies for this too.

You can't win if you don't race!

KJP

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
I still think there should be classes for every 100cc jump. I'd still have to race a M1000 and I know what they can do :confused:

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
Sorry, but we are trying to keep things as simple as possible! Rider does play a role in this deal along with sled set ups! I watched several 1k's get beet by a well set up 800!

KJP

x-5

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Park City mt
I still think there should be classes for every 100cc jump. I'd still have to race a M1000 and I know what they can do :confused:

Wow, Dont think about the 1000s, two years ago the top 5 in the 800 to 1000 were a 700 drag and 4 ski-doo 800s.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Sounds like fun

It does sound like fun no matter if they have more specific classes. I would run just because i am hoping my little 600 turbo will be somewhat impressive for a 600 and not to mention I built the kit myself as well as the sled. There is alot of pride in that and a chance to show off what i have been doing all fall would be awesome.

No need to get this all to complicated. If you have more classes it will not be for fun.

We race lawn mowers in the summer during the summer gettogether that the small town i am from has. I have very little money into my racer. 7 horsepower motor. Never been apart. Probally 25 years old. I have fun it costs 5 bucks to race. There are a couple others who have big money into there's and a couple that just have alot of time. They ussualy win but it is fun and one of the biggest crowds of anything for the weekend. What's better than a bunch of grown men racing lawnmowers around a track at 30mph. Anything goes. There was a guy from another town who always comes and gets crabby but the guys in charge tell him if he doesn't like it he should not come back.

The race sounds fun and friendly competition. I am excited for it. Hopefully we get some snow.

T

Trykon_man

May 26, 2008
Helena MT
theblaneys.net
place to stay

So.. I am definetly not a good enough rider to participate, but would love to come watch. maybe even get some riding tips from you guys that have riden a lot. Anyway, what places are available to stay in Cooke? I think I could get a couple buddies to go with me, but dont really wanna sleep in the truck for the weekend.

a push in the right direction would be appreciated.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
No need to get this all to complicated. If you have more classes it will not be for fun.
QUOTE]

This coming form a man with a turbo :rolleyes: :light:

We need more classes

Womens
Youth - 18 and below

800 and below stock
800 and below mod
800 stock
800 mod
1000 stock
1000 mod

Super stock (any big bore or turbo class )

Count me in, i'll show you guys how to ride one way or another ;)

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
This coming form a man with a turbo :rolleyes: :light:

Haha yes i have a turbo. No i have not even ran the sled yet. So hard to say how it will run. Might be real good or may have problems getting it dialed in. I live in MN and only get out west once a year. But build the sled around my one trip a year. I have an addiction. Excited to be there for the races.

Premium Features