• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Couple pics from Black Hills ride 11/9/08

R
Nov 28, 2007
Sioux City, IA
Here are a few pics of my ride in the Black Hills 11/9/08 I made the 7 hour trip from Iowa and it was well worth it. Got to test out the Turbo Yamaha !!

100_4020.jpg

100_4016.jpg

100_4015.jpg

100_4019.jpg

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Nice pics. Was there much snow covering up the rocks and stumps in the meadows or did alot of it blow out of the meadows and into the trees?

G

Gimpster

I heard 30 + inches of snow there. Doesn't look like THAT much, looks like some good riding though. Lot of the stuff is covered, rocks and stumps

----- Gimpster -----

cat08m8

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2008
Yeah there was quite a bit of snow out there we ran out sat from S/F was pretty fun for a 1 day quick cheap ride interstate sucked from the river to about wall but it was worth it took the d-max and sled bed we had a hard time to figure out where to ride from so we pulled over on a side road outside of lead a few miles thats y we took the sled deck didn’t hit any stumps or rocks either....

whatryan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
lemars iowa
riotten22 should of got hold of u i really wanted to go need to test my sled out before my first trip the grass just doesnt cut it how was it

R
Nov 28, 2007
Sioux City, IA
Sled is crazy fast and that was only on short pulls with about 8lbs of boost. Snow was good. I had an extra spot on my trailer.... I will have to get a hold of you next time a spur of the moment trip pops up. I only rode about 20 miles though my seat started burning up I dont know what the deal was not enough insulation around the exhaust and turbo..?

M
Nov 26, 2007
About 14 hr round trip for 20 miles of sledding.......you truley have an addiction problem:):beer;

I only rode about 20 miles though my seat started burning up I dont know what the deal was not enough insulation around the exhaust and turbo..?

R u sure you didn't pi$$ yourself from the boost:)

R
Nov 28, 2007
Sioux City, IA
Yes I do have a problem, I cant help it and I dont want to quit :D I am pretty sure the O2 sensor started the seat on fire (shorted out) A new o2 sensor and seat I should be back in business. At least I am finding out now so I can have it running problem free for the 10 + hour road trips coming up :)

C
Dec 4, 2007
Moville, Ia
ya i would have loved to go along as well, just to busy, would have been a good trip to just check things out, seems like there is always just grass on the ground when we take our first trip

Premium Features