• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

You will never guess what I just bought with the Donation money!!!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B
Nov 26, 2007
Ft. Collins,co
Finally admiting the hand was caught in the cookie jar? Scaned copy of a blank application impressive.

Does anyone else have the names of this clowns other business that they can pm me. I really need to make sure to not associate with this talker in the future.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Ft. Collins,co
I've made my decision about this situation and the people involved after being open to both arguments.

Bush thanks for sticking to your guns and risking reputation to see this thru.

Duke1n the ever present backbone to call bs

and all others that can see thru bs when its thrown at you!

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
nice story, but that's all it is so far, a story

if I was in this situation, I would lay it all out right here and try to clear my name, this story is still fishy, and the pot is still empty, why do I need to call you, you posted this in a public forum, you thought you could put some spin on the story and we would all forget, not going happen until you come clean about the original story that you started on this public forum, any thing less, and you are still a thief in my book. prove me wrong and I will publicly apologize here

P
Nov 29, 2007
Is alrevedup a politician? This guy can talk out of both sides of his mouth in the same paragraph. I've dealt with guys like this before (not intentionally), and all the ugly signs are there for me to see.

He whines about people not calling him, yet we have ample witness that historically people have called him about this issue and have got no response (see dam dave and others).

Alrevedup- your post of explanation further clouds the entire issue. Who did you send the check to? The children's hospital or the scottish people? You think a check was returned, but you aren't sure? You have a letter to show people but you haven't received the letter yet? WTH?

I've read your post 10 different times and still can't make heads or tails out of it. Nothing like a little confusion to throw people off your trail.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
You guys win! not one person has called to hear it straight from the horses mouth.

After spending a lot of time on the phone trying to track down this donation.

I have found this out. As an individual a donation can be made easily. As a group a donation/fundraiser must be approved by the Children's Hospital. There is a specific approval form and process. Which includes submitting the form and then reviewed by a committee. I did not submit this form. The donation was never recorded nor the the check cashed. The check should have been returned. I have nothing that was sent back to me. I may have thrown it out as advertising I dont know.

That is why Paul did not find any record of it.

Here is what the form looks like.
scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg

scan0007.jpg

Once I realized that Paul was not just yanking my chain and he is right, that there is no record of the donation. I made that donation to and thru an organization that has done great work for the Children's Hospital of Colorado.

The Scottish Rite Foundation ........ http://www.scottishritefoundation.org/default.aspx

I have a copy of the letter and check for anyone who wants to see it. And I will post the thank you letter and receipt once I receive it.

I wish anyone, one person would have called me to hear what is going on.

I also pmed copies to a few people.

So, it's just since this thread has come out that you noticed the extra 1200 in your bank account & this is why you made a donation so recently that you do not even have a thank you letter?

Why not just make a personal donation, too clear whether it was done or not for you?

B
Dec 5, 1980
I've received several requests to delete this thread. BUT, I think it's important that this gets resolved. After all, we were asked if the name Snowest could be used on the shirts (I don't know if it was or not).

I'd kind of like to see some closure on this.

Darrin

Last edited:

Farmer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Carbondale, CO
Thank you 1000% for leaving this up.

I've received several requests to delete this thread. BUT, I think it's important that this gets resolved. After all, we were asked if the name Snowest could be used on the shirts (I don't know if it was or not).

I'd kind of like to see some closure on this.

Darrin

Darrin, Thank you 1000% for leaving this thread up. I am in no way interested in seeing someone get slandered or getting into a "he said she said" kind of deal.

I am 100% percent interested in seeing this deal be straightened out ON A 100% OPEN PUBLIC FORUM. That way every one of the sponsors that many of us helped to recruit for this deal can see that their donations and good names are being used the way we all said it would be.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but when I go talk to a sponsor and make a deal I do it in good faith and on my word that I am going to do what I have promised them. This whole deal has really pissed me off for the very reason that regardless what happened it should never have gotten this far. I especially didn't care for all the sneaking around regardless if any wrongdoing actually has happened. This stuff should have been posted from day one for all the sponsors and individuals to see. It could of been a very simple deal where it was said a mistake was made and we have corrected it and moved on, no big deal. Instead, regardless of the truth, whatever it is, the whole thing looks dirty. This whole thing has a big black eye.

When ever Live2ride or myself talk to any of the sponsors, I want to be able to look them in the eye and say we did what we promised to do. When it comes to charity, things have to be straight and 100% out in the open.

As far asking the moderator to pull this thread some of you guys have got to be kidding me. This isn’t a case of rush to judgment or slander, by counts from both sides this has been going on since the snowshow in early October. I don't like to see it come to this point but it obviously wasn't going to be fixed any other way. This isn't a case of one man's p[private business being aired on out on the internet, there are many business and individuals who have a vested interest in see this resolved.

The thing that really amazes me with this whole deal is how some of you guys just continue to want to just sweep this thing under the carpet and make it go away. I realize you might be friends with Troy and this whole thing might be a big misunderstanding and he might be a standup guy. But for a split second step back and look at this thru the eyes of someone looking at it from the outside in. This whole deal looks dirty as can be. You guys that say this shouldn’t of been brought out on the forum, when it forum business and after 3 months of being un resolved are nuts.

Once again thank you Darrin for letting this thing play out.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
I'll step out here - I'm a friend of Troy's, and I for one don't think the thread should go away.

I do think the people who participated and the sponsors are due some proof of closure that the deal is done, and a reputable charity got the funding as promised. It looks to me like one attempt was made promptly, and now a second attempt has been made to seat the funding has occurred.

Some of us do know Troy pretty well, and think a lot of him and wish he would have communicated better on this project - but we also know that he certainly would not rip anyone off for such a small amount of money - especially a community that he really likes (read the Denver snow show thread!). He does quite the opposite - he usually goes up and above the call and surprises those around him where many of us don't even step up to volunteer for these kind of efforts in the first place.

That said, everyone is human and makes mistakes - and the imperfect execution here is no exception. The mistake here is most likely a lack of communication and follow through - not dishonesty. What is amazing though, is how swiftly and violently this group is willing to tear their own guy apart.

I say leave the thread - Troy will post the thank you letter once he gets it, and this thread speaks volumes about the people who posted on it.

Unfortunately, even when he posts the thank you letter, I'm sure the usual suspects will continue to jawbone on, while Troy quietly moves on and amazes us again.

MtnDoo

BTW - here is an update that he posted on 10-05-2008, 03:46 PM right after the snow show:

I printed 60 shirts, I have about 10 left.

I sent Children's Hospital a check on Thursday for 1200.00

I hope we will do another 60 shirts by the ride in February.

60*20=1200.00

Thanks to everyone that bought a shirt or more!!!

What a great bunch of People you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even Brian from Ft. Collins!! (Mr. Crown Royal)

Last edited:

Snoman69

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2003
Colorado Springs
Thanks Big D.... That is the point I think most have been trying to make... These shirts represented alot of orginizations, and could raise alot of questions moving forward regarding donations and sponsorships.... As the main coordinator of donations for our annual rides, I don't want to lose the trust due to a situation like this. It just isn't cool.

Farmer, VERY well said.....

Snoman69

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2003
Colorado Springs
I wish anyone, one person would have called me to hear what is going on.

Troy - the problem is, talk is cheap.... All we wanted was the truth and proof... I do not understand why it took so long for you to provide the information..... How did it take 4 months for you to realize this had happened... And then to be secretive and id you wanted the details, call me....

A man is only as good as his word...

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Thank you, Paul for your diligence and followup to make sure the donation was made.
Thank you, Troy for finally getting the money to where it belongs.
Thank you, to all of you who donated.

Now, can we all get back to the snow? :D

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Glad this has worked out for the good of Children's hospital. Thanks Troy for your hard work and all you do that helps others. That may sound strange coming from me, but I do mean it. The other stuff I can put on the shelf. We all make mistakes and i've made some big ones too. Many of them go unknown to only me and god, but I seem to pay for them all in one way or another. Nothing get's through the cracks! It's important to fix the ones you can though, and learn. Your room refund will be forthcoming soon.

Thanks to my Friends here on Snowest, you guys are the bomb! Props to Troy's friends for adding an important perspective that shows the good man he can be; you have tempered my opinion and softened my outlook on this.

Don't talk about snow Dave, I have to make up work this weekend.....or do I! ha ha! Such a slouch. lol

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Glad this has worked out for the good of Children's hospital. Thanks Troy for your hard work and all you do that helps others. That may sound strange coming from me, but I do mean it. The other stuff I can put on the shelf. We all make mistakes and i've made some big ones too. Many of them go unknown to only me and god, but I seem to pay for them all in one way or another. Nothing get's through the cracks! It's important to fix the ones you can though, and learn. Your room refund will be forthcoming soon.

Thanks to my Friends here on Snowest, you guys are the bomb! Props to Troy's friends for adding an important perspective that shows the good man he can be; you have tempered my opinion and softened my outlook on this.

Don't talk about snow Dave, I have to make up work this weekend.....or do I! ha ha! Such a slouch. lol

That Sir, is very well put. Kudos. It takes more of a Man to extend forgiveness and comfort, than one whos puts forth anger and hate.

Sam

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
I'll step out here - I'm a friend of Troy's, and I for one don't think the thread should go away.

I do think the people who participated and the sponsors are due some proof of closure that the deal is done, and a reputable charity got the funding as promised. It looks to me like one attempt was made promptly, and now a second attempt has been made to seat the funding has occurred.

Some of us do know Troy pretty well, and think a lot of him and wish he would have communicated better on this project - but we also know that he certainly would not rip anyone off for such a small amount of money - especially a community that he really likes (read the Denver snow show thread!). He does quite the opposite - he usually goes up and above the call and surprises those around him where many of us don't even step up to volunteer for these kind of efforts in the first place.

That said, everyone is human and makes mistakes - and the imperfect execution here is no exception. The mistake here is most likely a lack of communication and follow through - not dishonesty. What is amazing though, is how swiftly and violently this group is willing to tear their own guy apart.

I say leave the thread - Troy will post the thank you letter once he gets it, and this thread speaks volumes about the people who posted on it.

Unfortunately, even when he posts the thank you letter, I'm sure the usual suspects will continue to jawbone on, while Troy quietly moves on and amazes us again.

MtnDoo

BTW - here is an update that he posted on 10-05-2008, 03:46 PM right after the snow show:

i gotta say, i have sat here reading this whole drama for several days. first, i really don't think i interpreted anyones posts as being hostile....of course the main parties seem to have a bit of history and i think their post have a slight personal edge......probably to be expected. frankly, the overall feeling from most has been an honest desire to get to the bottom of the situation. from my perspective, to be completely upfront....not taking any sides....bushy asked for one simple thing. direct proof of the donation. simple. rev was completely offended by the suggestion, then posted a sarcastic heading to this (his) thread. at the end of the day the donation WASN'T made. again, simple fact. i'm not making any judgement on intent. only rev knows that. if there was bad intent, karma always balances the ledger. it is troublesome that it took a public spectacle to make rev realize that the donation was never completed.....what if this hadn't happened? would it have been realized and corrected at a future date, or never done? i know if i had been asked about it, i would have been THE MOST curious person as too the status of the donation, not the most defensive. i am glad that darrin let this thread continue. overall, i saw no uncalled for personal attacks. primarily just reasonable concern.

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians

Never met you Bush, but it took some character to come forward like you did.

Too bad it took 5 pages of bs to get what should have been a simple problem solved.Then again I suppose this is to be expected when this many type A personalites lock horns

Glad this crap is over :eek:

D
Nov 27, 2007
So Children's got their money? That's all anyway gave a chit about anyway. Sounds like a crocka BS but we're dealing with MtnDoody and AlRevedUp here. Par for the course ladies...

Doody have I told you lately how much... oh nevermind

Premium Features