• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

You will never guess what I just bought with the Donation money!!!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
........... I make a bad joke because at first I thought this thread was silly and even a little funny.

The more I read the more I realized that people are really concerned and upset.

I have been on the road for 15.5 hours 840 miles to Salt Lake City and back. I received several PMs and phone calls about Bushy's thread. I have been able to view it on a small cell phone screen a couple of times today. However this is my first opportunity to respond.

Our donation of 1200.00 to Children's Hospital was made. For the sake of clarity I will say it again. Our donation of 1200.00 to Children's Hospital was made. It was sent in October of 2008.

I have made some mistake on timing and communication with the forum shirts. For this I am very sorry. Which is why a doubt has festered into this.

Take a moment to consider some of what I have to say.

I am a good guy and always have been. Many of you know me. I have ridden with a number of you all. I hope that as many of you that would like to will call me and discuss this with me. I will happily share the "proof" with anyone who asks.

I have made far to many mistakes to point fingers at Bushy. The torch of this witch hunt was set off by a spark from a drunken rant in the middle of the nite. That in noway excuses my mistakes.

Most of you probably have no idea how much time and money of my own that I have put into this.

I have over 50 man hours in the design work on the shirt, with great help from a number of people.

The shirts cost over 9.00 ea. including shipping I printed 72 shirts. With tax I paid about 700.00 for the shirts. 53 shirts were sold @ 20.00 each for a total of 1060.00. I estimated 60 and sent the donation based on that number.

I have 700.00 plus 140.00 ( the difference between 1060 and 1200 ) in this project. In addition the 50 man hrs of design which I bill out to customer at the rate of 45.00 per man hour.

All totaled I spent 840.00 in cash and 2250.00 in labor on these shirts. ALL of the sales from the shirts were donated. I kept none of the proceeds. Paul (Bushy) knew this early on.

The failure of this little project is solely mine. These last few months have been a whole new world. I have a number of businesses. 4 of which are in construction. We have known that construction is tanking for a while. I was safe I had big projects. Well when the stock market crashed those projects were shelved. The long and short of it is that I have laid off 11 employees and have been working day and night to get our newer business profitable and hopefully find some new construction work. For this reason I shut out my obligation to these shirts. I am sorry.

I said it before I am a good guy. Those you that know me probably think so too. I am not putting any word in anyone's mouth. I would like you to ask for yourselves. People like MtnDoo, Big Truck, Turboguy800, Scobby, Skyjumper, Mule, Chevy88girl, Treeline, Boonkdocker, Tudizzle, Mclovin, CBRob, GunnyApexGuy, dragonman and many others from snowest, but not from Colorado. Hopefully one of them will agree with me. What ever you do don't ask Duke1N;)

For those of you that don't know me.

I have made a number of donation this last year. At least three on snowest. Sawyers niece was in need and I made a donation. A friend and service man lost his house in a fire and I like many others donated. Ask Pj (Ralph) I have tried to be a friend to a snowest member in need. Bought and sent him a great book. and I donated on the shirts deal.

I just donated 500.00 to our local Snowmobiling club. My wife, kids and I took a boy to Disney World for 2 weeks.1500.00. We are entering into the foster care program. I am a member of our Rotary Club and a Mason. I have been known to coach a season of kids soccer as well. I tell you these thing not to brag, not to give you an idea of my character. Because I have character and integrity, obviously does not mean that I have good judgement.

Please call me @ 970-209-9688 this is my cell phone. I look forward to a friendly conversation with each of you...................maybe not as friendly with Bushy!!!;)

This is what I was picking up in Salt Lake City
sledeck.jpg

^^^^^^^the sled deck!!

Last edited:

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
Hey.. this is great.. great job troy.. :D

your time and effort you put into something like this for a good cause should be complimented.. :D..

Troy you are an A+ guy in my book.. you can come riding up here anytime.. :D

W

woodies

Troy!I'm not going to try to say it, but come right out and say you are the man! this guy not only deals straight but goes over the line! would you deliver a sled to a canuck that bought your sled,and bring it to him because he couldn't get across to pick it up? 1100 miles to and it was paid in advance so was my deal to get it to me! he is a standup guy and unless somebody has some info i'm not into then i say STF up!sorry i just hate seeing internet hate out of hand!Steve

S

sldgy

Those of us that know you Troy never questioned your integrity. You are a good man, good parent and a good friend. Period end of story!!!

B
Nov 26, 2007
Ft. Collins,co
I really have no intersest in this other than the entertainment value, and the two of you seem to be handleing it well, but there still may be a issue as to where the money went. Bush called to see if this was actually donated and was told no. I would just come up with the receipt and all will be happy

Everyone has a story of how good they are ,some prove it!

50 hrs to design a t-shirt? Really?

G
GunniApexGuy Here LoL!!!

I stayed out of the other thread as I didn't have a dog in the fight so to speak.

I didn't buy a shirt or even know about them soooo..

He mentioned a $500 donation to the club and as treasurer I physically saw the check and deposited it.

Thanks Troy!

W

woodies

GunniApexGuy Here LoL!!!

I stayed out of the other thread as I didn't have a dog in the fight so to speak.

I didn't buy a shirt or even know about them soooo..

He mentioned a $500 donation to the club and as treasurer I physically saw the check and deposited it.

Thanks Troy!

DAMN MORE BAD PRESS FOR Troy i think my option is going the other way NOT

B

bullfrog123

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 10, 2008
Ashton, Idaho
Thanks for the clarification Troy!!! You are a standup man in my book!! My $$ dealings with you and your personal friendship are what sets you apart from others.

I see way too many ppl sooo quick to judge that it pisses me right the fuk off!!!!!!! I believe Bushy asked for Troy to respond, not the rest of you that jumped onto the hate wagon, am I correct?????

For the record..... I was NOT a part of the shirt deal, so don't know all the details and such. But will stand up for an honest man any day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B
Nov 26, 2007
Ft. Collins,co
Thanks for the clarification Troy!!! You are a standup man in my book!! My $$ dealings with you and your personal friendship are what sets you apart from others.

I see way too many ppl sooo quick to judge that it pisses me right the fuk off!!!!!!! I believe Bushy asked for Troy to respond, not the rest of you that jumped onto the hate wagon, am I correct?????

For the record..... I was NOT a part of the shirt deal, so don't know all the details and such. But will stand up for an honest man any day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still havnt' read anyone on here hating either party, but giving suggestions how the two parties could solve there issues! Try not to be so sensitive!

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
50 hrs to design a t-shirt? Really?

Ya.. for a really good shirt it takes time.. lots and lots of sketches.. different logos, pictures, text.. all go together differently depending on shape,size,color.. its not an easy deal.. I know this because my fiance does this and she is always on the d@mn computer refining sketches..

W

woodies

I still havnt' read anyone on here hating either party, but giving suggestions how the two parties could solve there issues! Try not to be so sensitive!

really i give Troy a back slap for this and if you think he's a azz then later we will discuss it!:rolleyes:

B
Nov 26, 2007
Ft. Collins,co
really i give Troy a back slap for this and if you think he's a azz then later we will discuss it!:rolleyes:

I dont know ,but what I do know is you can't read very well. Where did I say he was a azz? As I said both parties are discussing this well. I'm just stateing solutions to what would help bush get his questions awnsered.

Premium Features