• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha reliability.

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
reliable

My yams are not that reliable,Now my skidonts and cats were always reliable I could always count on the pull cords breaking and being stuck in some dudes house-barn below the peaks lodge in Revelstoke selling me used parts. My summits never starting or cheap *** plastics pull cord reals,bearings going out pistons burning cooler hoses poping off and having a can of eather just to start them 10 belts a year and all that injector oil at 30 p gallon. My yams just start and go. A 300 hp Apex that had the same belt on it all year long. the only thing that I can call reliable about my yamaha is that it allways works and never gives me any SH$t

Last edited:

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
If we are not in Kansas anymore, then....Yamaha is The Great and Powerful Oz.
While Skidoo is the Tin Man and ..........................................the Scare Crow is? And the Cowardly Lion is ????????? Oh yea, who is the b!tch in the ruby slippers?

This place is cooooooooooooool

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
Why don't you all buy me a new 4 stroke and I will let you know what I think of them. Untill them I'm stuck with my old MM with a mod or two.:rolleyes:

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
If we are not in Kansas anymore, then....Yamaha is The Great and Powerful Oz.
While Skidoo is the Tin Man and ..........................................the Scare Crow is? And the Cowardly Lion is ????????? Oh yea, who is the b!tch in the ruby slippers?

This place is cooooooooooooool
That would be pinnedunderdoo! :D

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
This will also be my first year.. the reliabilty was one of the main reason I went with yammi.. but the boost helped the decision too.. haha

G
Nov 28, 2007
Calgary, Ab
Well I can't say that I haven't been without some problems w/ my yammi's, but i have faith that all the bugs will be worked out. First yammi a 1974 sm292 (started riding it 32 years ago) switched to polaris for a few years and made the mistake of getting a 1998 srx 700 4 cranks later switched back to polaris for another few years then last year switched back to Yammi w/ an apex and rode it stock last year, absolutley loved the 4stroke. This summer put the CR Chassis and stage II MCX on it. I have four rides this year and so far I have had bent my upper and lower A-arms on one side, my MCX fuel box failed w/ a large cloud of black smoke engulfing the front hood (I then had to send it back for reprogramming) and I have bent and crumpled my CR Tunnel and External brackets now I need Chad to put on a new tunnel and brackets.

I am just hoping third time is a charm with Yamaha cause when it was running I sure did like it. Hopefully it is just a few early season bugs.:eek:

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Well I can't say that I haven't been without some problems w/ my yammi's, but i have faith that all the bugs will be worked out. First yammi a 1974 sm292 (started riding it 32 years ago) switched to polaris for a few years and made the mistake of getting a 1998 srx 700 4 cranks later switched back to polaris for another few years then last year switched back to Yammi w/ an apex and rode it stock last year, absolutley loved the 4stroke. This summer put the CR Chassis and stage II MCX on it. I have four rides this year and so far I have had bent my upper and lower A-arms on one side, my MCX fuel box failed w/ a large cloud of black smoke engulfing the front hood (I then had to send it back for reprogramming) and I have bent and crumpled my CR Tunnel and External brackets now I need Chad to put on a new tunnel and brackets.

I am just hoping third time is a charm with Yamaha cause when it was running I sure did like it. Hopefully it is just a few early season bugs.:eek:

Sounds like the majority of your problems come from the aftermarket add-ons, NOT from the fact that it's a Yammy. Put a weak part on anything and it will still be a weak part. How hard to you like to hit things?? Bent this, and bent that......sheesh! I usually try to avoid the trees and other obstacles.

G
Nov 28, 2007
Calgary, Ab
Don't get me wrong, I will never look back now that I am on a yammi 4 stroke and I have more faith in yamaha and its reliability than any other manufacture out there.

True, absolutely no fault to yamaha w/ my apex. Bent parts were from early season riding and only a couple of inches of snow covering the rocks @ boulder and the aftermarket stuff is what failed. Rode it stock last year without a hick-up. Just saying that I hope my bad-luck is out of the system for the year.

The aftermarket stuff just makes things so much more fun that's all and once you have the itch for the boost it's hard to look back and 2 stroke boost is completely out of the question.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
yep, ultra reliable machines. I like to call them the mercedes of snowmobiles. They are not the most powerful, nor the lightest, but they are the coolest sleds .

The gauge on the nytro that shows the handwarmer setting is just plain sweet. too.

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
Be kind of interesting to compare how many bought a new Nytro or Apex......Maybe I"ll start a new thread and find out:eek:

I

IRONMAN

Nov 26, 2007
thing I like best is you kick there azz all day long then you get out a rope and tow your doo buddy down the hill back to the truck!! Lifes great with a turbo apex.

Premium Features