• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

most reliable 2 stroke "modern" sled

E
Jul 24, 2017
I tried my luck with a yamaha viper and it wasIn't good. both in weight but also some things that made it not so reliable. I then went to a 2015 polaris rmk 800. Loved reverse, loved the easy pull start, loved how hard they were to get stuck and if they did easy to get out. Also loved the fact they still ran even ithout the dash working. Eventually I started listening to too many people say they are a ticking time bomb, the engine goes and they are expensive to rebuild with a "fix kit" and even when you do it still isn't great.

From what I've seen the 2011-2015 RMK 600 are very reliable. I never came close to using the full power potential of an 800 so I'd be happy with a 600. Another factor I'd consider is how easy and cheap it is to rebuild the top end yourself. So what other modern "rider forward" 2005+ sleds are know for reliablity? If so what makes that particular sled more reliable than another?

Some factors:
-how long they go without needing a rebuild
-how easy they are to rebuild the top end
-cost to own, repair, and maintain yourself
-lack of known problems associated with that model
-ability to start and run even when some electrical gremlins are showing their ugly head

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
While I am sure I am biased.
When I sold all of my Yamahas and transitioned over to Ski-Doo I couldn't have been happier.
Have had 8 of them now and really NO ISSUES to speak of that were not SELF INFLICTED.

Premium Features