• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2025 Yamaha sleds - an end of an era

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
This is the last year to get yourself a new Yamaha snowmobile. Is anyone out there going to grab one? I have a '23 Mountain Max, and it will probably be my last one which sucks. I had really hoped with them at least rebranding into the 2 stroke market that it would keep them in the game. Too little, too late I guess.

You can get an SRX limited edition with an X of 998 on the plate which is cool.

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/snowmobile

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Quite the price on the sidewinder SRX. I didn’t look at the specs, must be turbocharged or something

Makes me sad that they are done. My first few sleds were yammys, way back when. My back doesn’t miss them though.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Back in the mid 80’s early 90’s they made a hell of a sled. We took the 116 track off those phasers and put 136 in them. Same with the 121 exciters. Wasn’t there a year or 2 that Yammy sold more phasers than the rest if the industry sold sleds????

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Back in the mid 80’s early 90’s they made a hell of a sled. We took the 116 track off those phasers and put 136 in them. Same with the 121 exciters. Wasn’t there a year or 2 that Yammy sold more phasers than the rest if the industry sold sleds????
Yes, I think so. I had a 92 Phazer 2 that I put a 136" 1 1/4" track on with Tom Hartman's rail/tunnel extensions on. Had that sled for at least 10 years mainly as a back up sled. They would run forever and I wouldn't be surprised if it was still going strong today.

Back in the late 70's early 80's I had a couple of leaf spring free air Cats. In the mid-eighties I sold my sled when we were saving up to buy a house and got out snowmobiling. Then sometime around 1991-92 my sister in-law's boy friend at the time who had a couple of Phazer 2's asked me if I wanted to go riding. Those Phazers got around and rode so much better than my old Cats, that I was hooked and bought a new left over 91 Exciter 2 the following season.
Since then I've always had a sled, whether it be a Yamaha or a Cat of some type.

Last edited:
Premium Features