• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Worst winter yet?

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
I’m hooking the camper up and heading to south padre tx. So it should snow soon.
It dumped really deep the 3 times I’ve gone there. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Here is the Snow Depth according to Windy.com.
Real skinny unless you‘re off to the west coast and Alaska.
That is terribly inaccurate for Colorado can’t speak about other places.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
We had a white Christmas. Have an inch or two at the house. Probably first time ever that we wont go sledding for new years.
We got about 3 flakes in great falls on Saturday. We usually visit our friends in Cooke over new years and ride with them but this year we won’t be riding new years either 😭. Hell we may go ride our damn dirt bikes instead. If it’s gunna take sacrificing a virgin to get winter going I’m all for it.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Had freezing rain here all day it is really slick and lots of trees down. Camper is hooked up loading the razor tomorrow and waiting for roads to clear. Will fly into Denver and meet some friends if the snowies get a good dump. It can change fast but Im losing hope seen it like this before I’m thinking 2003.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
We got about 3 flakes in great falls on Saturday. We usually visit our friends in Cooke over new years and ride with them but this year we won’t be riding new years either 😭. Hell we may go ride our damn dirt bikes instead. If it’s gunna take sacrificing a virgin to get winter going I’m all for it.
Yep, went to my folks place, at vaughn, on Saturday and great falls didn't have a stitch. Crazy year.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
If I remember right, winter 2012/2013 was pretty ****ty because winter 2010/2011 was monumentally epic.

But yeah, this is starting to really suck. It seems like every time we have a couple good winters in a row leading up to an epic winter (which 2023 assuredly was), we have to have a "karma year" where we hardley get jack for snow and maybe only ride a handful of times the whole damned season =/ .... Sucks the winter of 2011, 2017, 2023 can't happen every year LoL

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Green grass in south west Montana. I’ve only purchased one new snowmobile in my life . Of course it’s now lol. Was thinking maybe if went and bought some expensive warm weather thing it would start snowing? Jet boat?
Maybe someone could pull a swather out of the shed and pretend their going to cut hay, that usually works around here.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Maybe someone could pull a swather out of the shed and pretend their going to cut hay, that usually works around here.
The reels on a hay swather usually pull in the clouds/rain when you start cutting hay.

Also everyone go out and wash/detail your trucks. Thats also a good way to bring on a storm.

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
First time in twenty years that I HAVE NOT ridden before New Years. Even with late arriving winters, the week between Christmas and New Years always delivered enough snow to get out there, not this time. Starting to get real bummed, I live for the sledding season.

Time to go have a couple drinks and forgot about the lack of snow here.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Today is the first New Years Day in the thirty years that I have not been out riding.
Same
There is snow out there, but its nothing to write home about.
Was over in Jackson Hole today.
First January in memory that many of the surrounding mountains were BARE.
Full on BROWN..

OCDsledder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2003
Cheyenne WY
2001/2002 was a very bad year around here as well. Hopefully this year doesn’t match it. My wife’s laughing about it because I just put a Speedwerx Stage 2 kit on my Alpha. Not in a hurry to go replace a bunch of additional parts.

Premium Features