• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

where do you stay when in the hills?

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
Jsledder i wish it was a good year not bad but not a bumper crop, so nope not going to be able to buy a house out there. But that is one of my goals. We have rented cabins out there the past 4 years and they are all so nice we try a new one each year in a different location. The price is the main reason, I can get a hotel room for the kids and one for the wife and me cheaper than the cabins, the cheapest ones i have found are 250 on up that is with cable and hot tub. we usually stay 4 or 5 days so it adds up fast. Most of them don't have ease of access with a 4 place open so i am afraid my enclosed would be worse. We love the cabins but I think we will try spearfish hotel this year for our Christmas trip. and Just leave the trailer up at trails head for a few days. Unless anyone else has some better suggestions.

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
Thats who i have used in the past. Bery good people to work with. Had resl great cabins to stay at. Yes the rates go up during the holiday season

Premium Features