• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tell me what you would have done

T

TheArtist

Nov 27, 2007
Billing, MT
About the only arctic cat part you will find at the billings dealer is oil. Your best bet is to call cooke city or white sulfer and they will ship to you. regular ups is usually one day from either one and between the the two of them they will have your parts.

M
Nov 26, 2007
billings, MT
About the only arctic cat part you will find at the billings dealer is oil. Your best bet is to call cooke city or white sulfer and they will ship to you. regular ups is usually one day from either one and between the the two of them they will have your parts.

thanks man! that is a real viable option. much appreciated!:)

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I like sled manufacturers/dealerships because they make us at the car dealerships look like super heros!

B
Dec 21, 2006
Car dealerships get parts the next day. Most sled shops can have O.E. parts in 2-3 business days. I am just curious, what part was it that they didn't have?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Passion!

Dealers have lost it, they've become car dealer like.

Consumers have not helped with their relentless urge to putt one against another.

Then there's the mail order/internet crowd.

It's a cycle, Cabela's was catalog first, now department store.

Just get it over with, Wall Mart could stock it all, then we would have to learn to accept our own educated conclusion!

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
failing to see why, if you know they never have parts in stock and you have the parts #, why you didn't just call and check or have them order it.

C
Nov 29, 2007
Minnesota/Wisconsin
Just because you are a paying customer doesn't mean they have to put up with you being an a-hole (which I'm reading between the lines you were). being polite and friendly always gets you better service no matter where you go. You could also be proactive and call first, have them order the parts, and then go pick them up when they arrive.

That aside, if you don't like a dealer, go to a different one. I have a dealer 15mins away that I hate, the people are morons and they never have the right parts. I now drive a half hour to a better one with nicer, more knowledgable parts people, and a larger inventory. I suggest you do the same.

T

TheArtist

Nov 27, 2007
Billing, MT
The dealership in Billings is Arctic Cat and Skidoo, they have a new building that they built this year and it is awesome. But the service is and pricing is poor. I can have parts shipped cheaper and get them faster. I would rather get my parts local and support the local dealer because they have a great facility, but in order for that to happen they have to provide a service.

Parts that I have tried to get and they did not have were A-arms, bushings and bolts for a M, not once but three times. I have a friend that needed a windshield for a King Cat, not in stock so he ordered it. He ordered it and waited not one week but three. I know it is not a common sled:D but come on. Another let them order A-arms and waited two weeks. Our season is not long enough to be down that long. I understand running the inventory low at the end of the season but December and January it should be up.

B
Jul 6, 2001
Watrous, SK
My dealer never has anything either. I just call now and give them my card number instead of driving. Sled dealers and tractor dealers are horrible. We never have any parts and it makes our shop a huge cluster from all the tractors and combines sitting around waiting for parts.

Well, there's a solution for that. The dealers can mark the crap out of what they stock to cover the the interest they're paying while they're waiting for your kind soul to come buy it. Then you'd complain about that too, so there's no point in even trying to make you happy...

All BS aside, frontline parts and service people with a good personality are worth their weight in gold.

R
Nov 28, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I must be pretty lucky - I live 5 miles tops from a dealer that stocks a ton of parts. That being said - I always call ahead to make sure they have what I need or have them order it for me. Usually a day or 2 tops to get it here. Generally, I have had great luck with their staff - personable and knowledgable - WAY more than I can say for some other local dealers around here....

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
I run into the same problem. The dealer never has a part in stock, and always has to order it. And you pay full markup. I want to support my local dealer, but when all he has in stock is a belt and plugs for my sled, I just can't see it.

Dealerships - Listen carefully. There is a reason we are willing to pay you the markup on parts. Convienence! That means on common failure/breakage parts, you have to keep them in stock. I will pay top dollar to get my part the day that I need it.

If you won't stock anything, then I will take my business to the internet and order on line. Because it will save me money and time. And I am just as capeable as you are of looking up a part and ordering it. And if I do it myself, I save money and it will be shipped to my front door.

I want to support the local dealership. I want them to be successful. But if I can't even get an A-Arm for a sled that is 3 years old (that is used on sleds that were manufactured clear up until 2 years ago) I won't.

The dealer in reference in Billings is way better than Bozeman, that is for sure, at least on the ski-doo side. My buddies from Bozeman are always calling me for parts when I go over there or they take their sleds to Billings rather than deal with Bozeman for shop work.

The AC side, that is another matter.

Premium Features