• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

600- new motor- having elec issues- no dash

B
Nov 21, 2012
Hey guys, trying to get my 600 going and having issues.

BACKSTORY; went on a big sledding weekend trip. On the morning of day 2 I started the sled to go for a ride and had no dash at all. Well ****. Thought I would ride it a bit and try to warm things up (it was super cold) and at about 2 miles the motor seized. Locked up. At this point my buddys that had been in front of me told me that my headlights had been flashing in a consistent rhythm. Turns out the oil pump wasn’t running, and thus the seized motor. I think the no dash and flashing lights was supposed to be a warning. Oops.

Anyway, skip ahead to now. Have a new rebuilt motor in the sled and ready to ride! But. Went through the pump prime procedure and then started the sled. All good. I started the motor for just a few seconds and it sounds great. But I still have no dash! The headlights aren’t flashing, so that is good, and I am thinking that maybe a forgot to plug something in but I don’t know what. Tested the dash using the test plug by the left suspension and I lit up fine.

One more detail. While I had the sled all apart I managed to lose the key so to start the sled i had to unplug the ignition. Not a problem but then to kill the sled I have to plug the ignition back in. Would this affect the dash lighting up? And can someone tell me how to remove the key from the sled? I don’t need a key, but I would like to be able to start the sled Using the kill switch and tether.

Ok, one more. There is a large plug down by the voltage regulator/top of left suspension where the 12v test plugs are. It is like a 10 or 12 pin plug. What is this for?I can’t find anywhere it goes so I am assuming that it is for a different Polaris sled that uses this harness.am I assuming correctly?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram that I could get a look at?

Thanks for any help.

Brent

B
Nov 21, 2012
Hey guys, trying to get my 600 going and having issues.

BACKSTORY; went on a big sledding weekend trip. On the morning of day 2 I started the sled to go for a ride and had no dash at all. Well ****. Thought I would ride it a bit and try to warm things up (it was super cold) and at about 2 miles the motor seized. Locked up. At this point my buddys that had been in front of me told me that my headlights had been flashing in a consistent rhythm. Turns out the oil pump wasn’t running, and thus the seized motor. I think the no dash and flashing lights was supposed to be a warning. Oops.

Anyway, skip ahead to now. Have a new rebuilt motor in the sled and ready to ride! But. Went through the pump prime procedure and then started the sled. All good. I started the motor for just a few seconds and it sounds great. But I still have no dash! The headlights aren’t flashing, so that is good, and I am thinking that maybe a forgot to plug something in but I don’t know what. Tested the dash using the test plug by the left suspension and I lit up fine.

One more detail. While I had the sled all apart I managed to lose the key so to start the sled i had to unplug the ignition. Not a problem but then to kill the sled I have to plug the ignition back in. Would this affect the dash lighting up? And can someone tell me how to remove the key from the sled? I don’t need a key, but I would like to be able to start the sled Using the kill switch and tether.

Ok, one more. There is a large plug down by the voltage regulator/top of left suspension where the 12v test plugs are. It is like a 10 or 12 pin plug. What is this for?I can’t find anywhere it goes so I am assuming that it is for a different Polaris sled that uses this harness.am I assuming correctly?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram that I could get a look at?

Thanks for any help.

Brent
Ok, so I have clarified a couple of things. The large plug by the left front suspension is for the Polaris diagnostic tool and I have figured out which wires to jump to remove the key. It’s just two wires because I don’t have an e-start.

Premium Features