• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tell me what you would have done

M
Nov 26, 2007
billings, MT
so i go to the dealer to get a part and to pick up a part that i had to order. this is where it goes bad. everytime i need a part they dont have it. roundtrip to the dealer for me is 30miles so that makes 60 miles to get a part due to them having to order it. well i give the broad the part #(i have to do this or i will be there forever) and i say dont tell me you dont have it. you got it... they dont have it. so i say that this is bs and its getting old making two trips. she says to me(this is where the title of the thread comes in) " hey... i dont want to hear it. i am not the one who keeps breaking the dam parts." needless to say i am done with that dealership. i wanted to rip her a new one but didnt. i cant believe she said that to a paying customer. i was debating even mentioning it but i couldnt hold it in any longer. the dealership in billings sucks!!!:mad: nice new facility and azzhats for employees.

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
She could have said it in a more joking way and in a way to ease your tension a bit. What she said is true though and since you aren't the one that has to pay for all the inventory while it sits on the shelf I can understand where the dealer comes from.

There are places now days that will allow you to order the part and pay by credit card and it will be shipped directly to you without you having to drive in and find out they don't have it.

Why didn't you call first and then call a few other places since you have the number? I do that all the time.

There are only a few dealers in this land anymore that have the parts that you would expect. Most and I mean all OEM's simply just don't stock inventory anymore.

M
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson,CA
Expect to order. Hope for inventory. Use the phone the first time, after all you already have the part number. I have to do it for tractors sometimes.

The best is when you drive 30 to south to get a part that they only have at their other store 30 north of the shop. Rackin frackin great googlie mooglie!:confused:

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
so i go to the dealer to get a part and to pick up a part that i had to order. this is where it goes bad. everytime i need a part they dont have it. roundtrip to the dealer for me is 30miles so that makes 60 miles to get a part due to them having to order it. well i give the broad the part #(i have to do this or i will be there forever) and i say dont tell me you dont have it. you got it... they dont have it. so i say that this is bs and its getting old making two trips. she says to me(this is where the title of the thread comes in) " hey... i dont want to hear it. i am not the one who keeps breaking the dam parts." needless to say i am done with that dealership. i wanted to rip her a new one but didnt. i cant believe she said that to a paying customer. i was debating even mentioning it but i couldnt hold it in any longer. the dealership in billings sucks!!!:mad: nice new facility and azzhats for employees.

MTM7--get a Doo :eek:from Rogers Sport center in cody..thats what i'd doo:face-icon-small-win---you riding this sat ???

M
Nov 26, 2007
Meeker, Colorado
Skibreeze i cant believe you wouldnt support the local dealer, whats this world coming too. Those tight a$$ polaris guys..........hahhahaha expect to order your part from anywhere.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, CO
My dealer never has anything either. I just call now and give them my card number instead of driving. Sled dealers and tractor dealers are horrible. We never have any parts and it makes our shop a huge cluster from all the tractors and combines sitting around waiting for parts.

A
Dec 12, 2007
BC
find out how to get in touch with the owner of the dealership and tell him/her what you told us.
its the only way to make these kind of employees do their job.

V

Veedy

Jan 27, 2004
Revelstoke, BC
www.farwestfilms.com
Thats what they invented phones for :D

Hate to agree with him, but he's right. Why would you drive that far ( not that its very far ) to find out, when a phone call is cheap and fast. That would be neglegence on your part. However, smart remarks from employees is not cool, unless you gave her attitude first, or she was maybe joking and you took it the wrong way. Most businesses can't afford to have every part in stock because it costs way too much to buy all that inventory. Online parts are getting real popular, but it's hard on the local dealer, and thats who you should be supporting, or they will close the doors someday and never re-open, and you may need them someday.
Remember giving a smile usually gets you one in return. You usually get back what you give.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
the way i red it.you said ......this is bs,first.why should she kiss but after that?shes just making 5? bucks an hour so she can eat.:)

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
billings, MT
yeah i know i could call and all that. you guys miss the point. i have been trying to support the local dealer and from what i can tell they dont care. now i will just order online. oh well such is life.

M
Nov 26, 2007
billings, MT
Hate to agree with him, but he's right. Why would you drive that far ( not that its very far ) to find out, when a phone call is cheap and fast. That would be neglegence on your part. However, smart remarks from employees is not cool, unless you gave her attitude first, or she was maybe joking and you took it the wrong way. Most businesses can't afford to have every part in stock because it costs way too much to buy all that inventory. Online parts are getting real popular, but it's hard on the local dealer, and thats who you should be supporting, or they will close the doors someday and never re-open, and you may need them someday.
Remember giving a smile usually gets you one in return. You usually get back what you give.

i totally agree with you. i have gotten a lot of parts from them in the past and am just tired of them having nothing. i wasnt being a jerk... just a little frustration. what you dont see is the whole attitude that permeates the whole operation. hence her response. it is all about the $... period!

M
Nov 26, 2007
billings, MT
the way i red it.you said ......this is bs,first.why should she kiss but after that?shes just making 5? bucks an hour so she can eat.:)

i in now way expect her to kiss anything of mine. and yes i said bs first but that was in frustration. her response was in indignation and a touch of arrogance.

M
Nov 26, 2007
billings, MT
YOu could sell that cat and buy my Turbo cat for 9k man :)

shoot nate... a turboed cat is way to complicated for me. a guy that's dumber than a sack of hammers has no business with a turbo.:face-icon-small-win would you take installments of $5 for the rest of my life?

Last edited:
Premium Features