• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Suspension relocation braket review

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
It's(the spring) not there to add compression but for "shock resistance" to the load of being coupled.

Here's my ?.
What does that bar do? What does it do under load of acceleration? What does it do when the suspension is compressed?

The way I understand it is the more you crank the nut the more ski pressure you create..I actually removed mine for a ride.
it bottomed more, but felt good.and was definitely fun. I have reinstalled it..
I believe it stretches when the suspension is compressed.

T
Nov 29, 2007
Morrsitown Vermont
I have an 04 which started very tall, I have since lowered it to the newer spec by drilling holes in the frame and relocating the upper shock mount and the upper limiter strap location.
Is this kit designed for the newer spec suspension mounting? Does it only change the location of the main pivot?

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
I don't know anything about "newer spec suspension", but it moves the pivot point on the footpeg forward and down about 1" each.

mnsnowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Dayton, Minnesota
Use the original holes that it was set up at the factory with. This is what scram600 told me. I haven't been able to test mine yet.

T
Nov 29, 2007
Morrsitown Vermont
So I got a relocation kit for ThunderHawk, Thanks for shipping it out so quickly Bret, checks in the mail tomorrow.

So the installation was a snap!

Here are the results...

How much track sag do you need mine has much less now, hows it look? Does this kit really eliminate all track tightening?

track_tight2.jpg

Left Side.

left.jpg

Back side, the machined lip is not an exact fit to the frame is that normal? Is my 04 have a different frame dimensions?

backside.jpg

Cant wait to ride it now!

I
Jan 4, 2008
Palmer AK.
Got a good ride on new brackets.

Well i got a KILLER ride on Friday we went to lost lake wich has a seven mile trail that is WOOPED out BAD. The worst trail we ever ride but once there its friggen great. I was able to get some nice drops in and played hard on the hills. Long story short I like the way the suspension feels the relocate brackets worked great.

N
Nov 27, 2007
Medford, MN
brackets

Got my first ride in on scrams brackets.
anyone who has not done this needs to, period. not an option but a must.
I also installed 500 springs, combo worked great for me . I couldn't ask for anything more except too much ski lift, I'm looking at a softer front spring to try and eliminate that. Even if i can't It's still the way to go.

mnsnowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Dayton, Minnesota
I might be the only one, but I thought the ride was more out of control now. I had too much transfer and couldn't keep the ski down. Then when letting off the gas, the front end would dive too much. It was also too rough on the chatter bumps. I put my zx2 back in without the spacer in the shocks. I have the soft spring kit. I will be testing this weekend. I probably could have gotten it to work better, but I know the zx2 will work for me. If anyone that is riding in the U.P. of Michigan this weekend with us, I will bring the brackets with if you need some.

N
Nov 27, 2007
Medford, MN
I think the stock stiffness was caused by the track binding more than the springs. the ride is awsome nut I did bottom out after clearing some driveways and an unexpected drainage ditch.

Frame hole

I have 600 2006 that have 2 set of holes in the frame.Tlkd told me to install my limiter strap in the upper hole and i want to know if i can let my rear shock in the upper hole too.

Does somebody came with a idea for bottoming or the rubber bumper on swing arm will still do the job even if the pivot location have been change?

Thanks

Kit finally install

I have finish installing my relocation bracket today.I have install the shocks in the lower holes and the limiter strap in the upper holes.

I finally find the rear suspension is now working for real .....My test ride was a blast ,it now handle more like a motocross and that is a good thing.

The suspension with that setup gave me more ski pressure and a little less ski lift.I now just have to adjust my sag properly ,cause the suspension came super soft and i end up with too much sag.

Works great !

T
Nov 29, 2007
Morrsitown Vermont
I might be the only one, but I thought the ride was more out of control now. I had too much transfer and couldn't keep the ski down. Then when letting off the gas, the front end would dive too much. It was also too rough on the chatter bumps. I put my zx2 back in without the spacer in the shocks. I have the soft spring kit. I will be testing this weekend. I probably could have gotten it to work better, but I know the zx2 will work for me. If anyone that is riding in the U.P. of Michigan this weekend with us, I will bring the brackets with if you need some.
Can you describe your typical day? I just added the bracket ot mine and have only had 10 minutes on it in low snow conditions, unfortunately in that short a time I felt the same as you. I am going to tighten the limiter strap before I go out next time, hoping for more ski grip.

The final test

I have ride around 3 hours with the relocation bracket and did some adjustement.I have adjust my sag properly and the only problem i can see is the front shock that is alread compress half way when bolting the limiter strap.I dont know if it is bad but it does handle great.

I have ride powder,big bumps and jump .....what a ride !

Premium Features