• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Suspension relocation braket review

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
todays ride!

what a blast! preload was backed off all the way to utalize the full progressive rate of the 503 springs. the ride was hard packed groomed trail, tight woods with alot of chop and rollers, and some utah style powder!(im getting my hawkfest powder carving practice in) the suspension i have is what i belive to be the best east coast set up! or atleast for my riding style. it could be a little bit softer for the typical 2 ski chop in the woods, but if i keep the speed up a bit it takes care of that! the harder you push the machine the better it works, plain and simple. did have the suspension(and my knees) bottom out in a deep gully like gravity cavity at unadilla! i knew i was going in to it way to fast but i had to see how the suspension would take it, it took it! found a nice jump a young 2 skier showed me... with the progressive springs and use of the full travel now,it soaks it up with ease!! burned through a full tank today and am not as sore as i remember from last years rides. see ya on the trails tomorrow! 2 thumbs up for the brackets! thanks scott!

Nice to her buddy! Can't waite to try mine out, if that ever happens. What are your springs rated at again? I put those 350s in mine and she drops 2 inchs when I jump up and down on the foot pegs. I hope this is not gonna be to soft still.

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
i think the 503 springs are 185-460 or close to that, the front spring is stock 600 280? hey theirry do still have the progressive spring for the front shock fo sail? what was the spring rate again?

I
Jan 4, 2008
Palmer AK.
I have sledder2 relocate brackets and got a good run on them this weekend. I would have to agree that it makes the ride much much better than the stock set up. Also nice qualitity parts and fitment was perfect.:D

T
Dec 26, 2007
Minnesota
Nice

installed mine last week from Sledr2 thanks. Got a real good 3 day ride on them. Pulled wheelie's all day the first day out, which was fun in the powder. trail wasn't so bad but will be messing around with spring adjustment and possible limiter strap's.

Well worth every penny. My back is thankfull also. These thing's do have a suspension.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
So far I don't know if anyone has come up with this bolt-on update for the 503... Sledr2 you just got a fanner right... If I had one to work on I'd go for it but I'm already swamped too much in my own stuff so I'll pass my turn on this one...

The 503 doesn't seem to need the brackets. Works fairly well stock. Bottoms out easily tho.

Not "a problem" but "the problem, the reason why you can't use the top swignarm pivot relocation bracket".

If you ask me, I think the parralel bar suspension design is a better design for the mountains, that's why I designed mine that way too !

I like the parallel design also. Seems to work well. One important thing is still mising from the 503's design though.

P

predatorr03

Jul 24, 2009
Val-Des-Monts,Qc,Canada
sometimes i think i should have gone with a 503 as well ,lighter,lower and probably more manouverable than the 600 or 800,and like you say,no overheating.sometimes i feel like the 600 has to much power,i'm probably just getting old:eek:

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
Hey Hey, no overheating issues here with either my 600 or 800 and I'm running a stock configuration. No scrathers, special anti-freeze, or other mods. I think you guys just need to get your snow flaps working properly.

Predator, the 503 is lighter and more manueverable between 0-10mph. Once your moving there is no difference in the weight feeling of the ride. My 503 is brand new off the dealers floor with 2 days of riding. I'd trade for your 600, as I like/want/need the extra power over the 503. It seems like I spend a lot of time at WOT on the 503.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
whats that Steve?

Oops, got sidetracked.

The parallel bar is not coupled. It makes it fun to ride though because of lots of ski lift.
I'm sure the had good intensions at the factory, they put a e-clip groove in the proper location and they may have even put a e-clip on from the factory. First bump and I'm sure the clip would be gone.

Solution, throw a spring and a shim on the shaft. The gap you leave and spring deflection determines amount of ski-lift. I used a urethane spring and 1/2" gap.

A liquid cooled motor, LOL

LOL

I
Jan 4, 2008
Palmer AK.
I only over heat in low snow conditions. So I try not to ride the trails and stay in the pow. I just hate that I have to rebuild the STUPID ARSE flap sevral times a year.:cool:

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Oops, got sidetracked.

I'm sure the had good intensions at the factory, they put a e-clip groove in the proper location and they may have even put a e-clip on from the factory. First bump and I'm sure the clip would be gone.

Solution, throw a spring and a shim on the shaft. The gap you leave and spring deflection determines amount of ski-lift. I used a urethane spring and 1/2" gap.

LOL

interesting Steve,, from my understanding the groves are for a ref on where you have the bar tightened..Ive been messing around with that and the cam for the lower shock mounts.. unfortunately no riding so I cant really tell if anything is changing..

so you installed a Urethane sleeve over the shaft in front of the draw bar, leaving a 1/2"gap???
please explain how this changes anything, would that not be compression.. I must be missing something..

S
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
It's(the spring) not there to add compression but for "shock resistance" to the load of being coupled.

Here's my ?.
What does that bar do? What does it do under load of acceleration? What does it do when the suspension is compressed?

Premium Features