• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Supercharger build

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
How's the updated jack shaft look?

This is my first Proclimb, so not sure what to previous years looked like. It's just under a inch in diameter at .985, if that's what you're looking for. If not, let me know what you are referring to.

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
I was able to swap out the tracks today. Getting the 2.6 out wasn't too bad. However, getting the 3 inch in was a bit of a challenge. I struggled by myself for about 30 min. I finally had to have the wife come down and hold the sled so I could push hard enough on the drivers without the sled falling over to get the drive shaft in.

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
The 15's are supposed to hAve an updated jack shaft. Just wondered if that's the way to go on my build or order a STM
Do you know what is supposed to be different? I will add pics of the jack shaft if it will help. Let me know.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
From what I understand the bearing and how gear is retained on the chain case side is different.

predator800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2010
Saskatoon, SK
Check out the TKI belt drive tread. I don't know how to link it with my phone but it gives a brief explanation of the 15 jack shaft.

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
The top gear has a retaining ring on both sides. There is also a retaining ring in front of the gold washer that holds the bearing in place. You can see in the picture that the jack shaft tapers down on the end where the splines for the gear are.

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
Thanks, ordered the updated 15 parts from cat today. Comes with the new bearing and everything. 137$ Canadian I believe, which is half price of an STM jackshaft

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
I was able to swap out the tracks today. Getting the 2.6 out wasn't too bad. However, getting the 3 inch in was a bit of a challenge. I struggled by myself for about 30 min. I finally had to have the wife come down and hold the sled so I could push hard enough on the drivers without the sled falling over to get the drive shaft in.

What size drivers?

B

brendan ross

Dec 1, 2007
pine pass area b.c. canada
your gonna love this sled i loved every minute of riding mine last year super fun sled to ride next time around id go with a 162 though i ran the ova wheelie stop on there and that helped a bunch but when it gets traction she loves to lift haha enjoy man:rockon:

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
your gonna love this sled i loved every minute of riding mine last year super fun sled to ride next time around id go with a 162 though i ran the ova wheelie stop on there and that helped a bunch but when it gets traction she loves to lift haha enjoy man:rockon:
My other sled is a 162 and it's a tractor. So I went with the 153 because I've always thought the 156 would be a perfect sled for the type of riding I do. However, the 162 is a N/A BB. The boost is gonna make a huge difference on this sled. Leaving the suspension stock for now but may end up going a different route depending on how it handles.

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
How much tunnel to track clearance do you have with the 3"? I would think that's going to be quite the compressor and hurt track speed
On the top front cooler about a inch. The front cooler is roughly 3/8th of a inch. Some have run the stock and others have gone with the 7t drivers. I'm not sure it will be to noticeable with the supercharger. I would gain .48 inch clearance with the 7t if track speed is affected.

B

brendan ross

Dec 1, 2007
pine pass area b.c. canada
My other sled is a 162 and it's a tractor. So I went with the 153 because I've always thought the 156 would be a perfect sled for the type of riding I do. However, the 162 is a N/A BB. The boost is gonna make a huge difference on this sled. Leaving the suspension stock for now but may end up going a different route depending on how it handles.

I'm looking into upgrading to the skinz arc set up for my rear skid this year

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
I haven't made much progress lately. I did get the head back and now have the motor installed.

I have managed to get the hood intercooler vent and hood support installed. Still need to cut the hole for the intake.

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Clutch kit has been installed. Kit includes new weights, 73 grams, H5 primary spring, 155-300. New helix 36/42 and H5 secondary spring 150-250.

Premium Features