• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proclimb to Ascender plastic swap? Who has done it and what peices can you retain

B

BradM8

Aug 4, 2012
Wondering who has done the swap and which way they have gone about it. Have a 2017 Mountain cat that I want to convert and have a couple pieces of the Ascender plastic already. Trying to retain Proclimb intake and headlight if possible. I know BDX makes a kit and if you break down all the pieces that you need it probably is the more cost effective way on doing it but I'm not a fan of their intake design sucking from the front of the nose. Already going with the TKI oil tank to accommodate the narrowing. Although curious if someone has messed around with a CTec tank and machined or modified the lower pump connection to be a simple line coming off for the Zuk. Upper plenum that is under the hood on top of the pipe area looks awfully similar but has a different part number has anyone compared to see what the differences are? I saw a sled that retained the upper intake/ gauge pod wondering if the headlight would work or if it needs to be swapped over to the led for mounting, Any input welcome

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
TKI makes an oil tank option for the Suzuki engine that has the single line you're describing. If you got one for a Ctec I would just exchange it.

Sorry I'm not much help on the other bits of the swap. Might have to get a stock ascender takeoff hood and intake for it to accept your headlight then figure out how to mount your gauge.

B

BradM8

Aug 4, 2012
I should of been more clear. The TKI tank I’ve ordered is for the Suzuki motor. Was wondering if anyone has messed around with a stock CTec tank to make it work.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
hood, side panels, belly pan(s), console, oil tank and narrow running boards. headlight is the same but at that point you may as well get the updated LED one

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
hood, side panels, belly pan(s), console, oil tank and narrow running boards. headlight is the same but at that point you may as well get the updated LED one
Anybody got a wiring diagram or way to upgrade to the LED on the older wire harness to make high and low beam work. Have the DC voltage regulator and was going to start going through wiring diagrams to figure it out but if someone already has I would love to hear it.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
hes already got narrow running boards, Skinz makes a nice slim aluminum oil tank and billet chaincase cover if you're into bling.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^haha! i see they finally pulled it from their website. youd have to buy the whole helium kit to get one. which i would probably do over the full ascender kit. agree with OP on the sucking too much from nose on the bdx kit.

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
I installed the BDX kit on my 2017 MC and have only had slight powder bogs when there’s a foot of snow sitting on top my whole sled because there’s 3-4’ of pow. Oh yeah everyone’s stock intakes we’re doing the same thing those days. So really no complaints here from the BDX kit. The BDX kit also draws air from around the gauge cluster with their kit it’s not all from the nose.

B

BradM8

Aug 4, 2012
Where I ride there are frequent runoff / creek crossing when it gets marginal snow. Most times the nose gets a dip when crossing and your not able to pin it and hydroplane across. That and being a magnet for sticks would be my biggest hesitations.

M
Feb 22, 2009
Just finishing up doing this swap to a 15. All the plastics are different except for the headlight.
The upper tabs need to be trimmed off your seat for it to work. You need to drill a few holes in the fuel tank braces so you can mount the tank cover to it. I also used the brake cover from a 2018+ sled because it has the proper hole alignment for the plastic body mount to stop the clutches from hitting the plastic if you lay it on its side.
As for the gauge you simply have to cut a couple slots out for the back of the gague to fit in and then hold it in with a home made bracket.
Also you need to move the air intake temp sensor to the air intake in front of the throttle bodies there isn't a provision for them on top of the hood like on the proclimbs
If you want I can get a couple pics for you later

B

BradM8

Aug 4, 2012
Thanks markso125 for the info. Did you compare any of the plastic piece by peice or bought all the new pieces and figured out how it is all going to fit?

Premium Features