• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stop Ride Brake Fix - anyone ridden a sled with the update yet?

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
My sled was cutting out on me this weekend, kept dropping into limp mode and flashing a brake warning. The brake switch was iced up so I pulled the fuse and good to go.

Thing is, I don't have the re-flash "fix" done. Sled hasn't been to the dealer since November. Seems to me this protection feature was already in place, and the recall flash must just increase it's sensitivity.

I think I'm going to wire up a jumper to bypass the ecu, but keep the brake light functional. That little brake switch is just so prone to it's own issues!

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
The problem for me is in the switch. There's no room to spare - as soon as I touch the lever, the switch disengages. This happens well before the brake engages.

I'm looking into modding the switch itself. If anyone has a solution already worked out, please share. I've been riding with the wires disconnected but I'm sure my riding partners would appreciate seeing my brake light.

Did you ever try anything out along these lines?

T
Oct 13, 2008
Did you ever try anything out along these lines?
Dealer told me today they now have a "waiver" available for the brake recall. The dealer then told me nobody has accepted the waiver yet and hasn't had any issues with the reflash. After reading all of the posts, I'm inclined to do the waiver. Could the dealer be incentivized to do the reflash over the waiver?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I witnessed this safety recall try to kill another rider last week, he was smoking up a make it or break it chute (apparently riding the brake a bit) when his sled went into limp mode. I wonder how many people they are willing to kill before they issue a directive to unplug the lever switch and regroup.

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I would like to have been a little bird listening in on the negotiations between Polaris and the CPSC on this recall. I think Polaris had their arms twisted and hands tied behind their back.

Premium Features