• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So, do you buckle your helmet when you ride??

S

snowrdr

Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
Sure do, it really makes sense on a sled and a dirt bike. Nothing worse then cracking your head on a rock or running into a tree, keep that baby buckled up.
So here is the real question that should be asked, how many people replace their helmet every couple of years or after an impact???

S

snowcross338

Feb 17, 2006
Laramie WY
I always do, but I have a buddy who swears by not buckling his. He told me that he about broke his neck once because the visor got caught on something and if it hadn't been buckled he would of been in better shape. I think it may have gotten caught on the rim of his butthole when he was pulling his head out!!

N

NDflatlander

Nov 21, 2007
Jamestown, ND
You guys wear helmets? What a bunch of wusses...I think we've heard and seen more than enough examples of reasons to wear and buckle your helmet even if you're just loading. Those who don't wear or buckle your helmet I have 4 words for you. Survival of the fittest.

G

Gold5th

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
You guys wear helmets? What a bunch of wusses...I think we've heard and seen more than enough examples of reasons to wear and buckle your helmet even if you're just loading. Those who don't wear or buckle your helmet I have 4 words for you. Survival of the fittest.

My trailer is 14" off the ground, and has sides... I've hit things faster walking or on a mountain bike without a helmet than I would be loading... I could see if your loading on to a pick up bed or rack.. there's a chance of a fall.

After a helmet saved me in a bad crash, I always buckle 'er up.

Prior crash - 80% of the time
Post crash - 99% of the time (I reserve the 1% if I'm going right down the road to the bar)

Thats when some drunk pulls out of nowwhere and hits you!
If you buy the helmet why the F%^K would you only wear it sometimes?????
The word ACCIDENT is in the dictionary and so is the word SH*T cause they both happen from time to time, and usually the accident leaves you feeling/dealing with SH*T!
Just my $.02

S

snowcross338

Feb 17, 2006
Laramie WY
The word ACCIDENT is in the dictionary and so is the word SH*T cause they both happen from time to time, and usually the accident leaves you feeling/dealing with SH*T!
Just my $.02[/quote]

Best reply yet!!!

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Honest response;

last year, I ALWAYS wore my helmet, but I didn't bother to buckle it after the first couple of rides. I know what you are going to say, and yes, I fully intend to buckle it every time this year on my new more powerful ride ride.

Not to say it is fool proof, but I did infact go for a flight last year and my helmet stayed on perfect, nice and tight (not too tight tho) fit for me, but i did get a little worried about it after the test, but still didn't bother...

for this year; Yes it will be buckled every time:cool:

Premium Features