• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled Complaints? Here are some prerequisites😜

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I think that before anybody b*****s and complains about a sled being a boat anchor or a trenching machine or a sled handling like crap or a sled lacking power, being a POS or anything like that, there needs to be some prerequisites.

Mike and I were talking coming back from riding the other day and we all just had the realization on how we all weigh different. Now, Mike has about 70 pounds on me and Chad. Of course me on a boost is going to have a different experience than Mike on a boost because 70 pounds is a big difference when it comes to a sled.

We all know there are several key factors that can drastically affect a sled handling experience and so, I think that before anybody hops on here to complain about a sled they need to do the following;

1- State rider weight, including all riding gear. (No ones judging)
2- Provide air shock pressures at all four shocks. Or preload info on spring shocks.
3- Limiter strap position.
4- Snow conditions at initial sled complaint time.

I’m sure we can all have fun adding a few more things to this list, but the point of this is a sled is going to react differently to everybody based on many different variables.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
All this personal info requested just makes me feel like all you see me as is a piece of meat.
You’re just trying to get in my pants.
Just stop.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Don't you think length and lug size will give people different perspectives too? Also type of riding and altitude? Not trying to complicate things but how aggrssive you ride also plays a part in your love/hate relationship with your machine.
It absolutely could and yes, track length affects it. All great and valid points!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My daughter's sled is a pile and it broke. Sled was about 4 feet long. Conditions were deep. Sled pulling it had 2 inch lugs and 146 track. 20mph track speed. Seems like they should last longer than that. Should i be entitled to warranty replacement?

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I’m going to need to know the type of plastic that was, was it LDPE, PE, Polyester, HDPE, PVC, LDE, PP, PS or ?

It makes a very big difference in a unpowered sleds ability to not trench, or become a boat anchor😂
Its her plastic sled being pulled by another sled.
Figured i would go with something they might know something about instead of listing a bunch of boat anchors and trenchers and shock pressures they haven't used

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
I'm 240lbs without gear. Shocks are coilovers with full preload on front track shock, and minimal preload on ski shocks and rear track shock. Limiter strap is stock. Snow conditions are grim. What else?

Premium Features