• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Revelstoke Avalanche: >> It's time to honor the heros!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

wilsonck

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Calgary, Ab
"The thing that binds us together is our great love for the back country in the winter. We are modern day adventurers. We want to get out there – in the mountains. We want to explore and play and wonder at the beauty. We love the snow! When it covers the trees, when it flies up in our faces, when it gives us a playground of vast proportions. That is when we are in heaven. That is when our souls glow. "

Susie- You Rock!!!!!!! Thank you. It brought tears to my eyes.

You said it. This is what brings us all out, over and over again. The general public doesn't understand and are quick to judge snowmobilers.

Thanks Susie!

O
Nov 3, 2009
back country riding

very well said . untill a person experiences bcr they will not understand the thrill of what we do, have been going to island park IDAHO since 1991 and will keep going for many years to come. have been to turbo hill also.

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Susie--

THANK YOU!!!

This is what sledrevy and myself were discussing last night--the crazyness of the news and what they say--they just want to sensationalize it so the public will listen to what they have to say--they do not cover the issues you have mentioned here--Fox will probabley be the only network to cover your letter.

Compare to last years accident up there--18 /20 skiers--avy hits them--14 dead----200 sledders--avy hits--only 2 pass and several trapped--the rest all go into immeadiate S&R mode to save lives and succeed at saving most. Sledders rednecks?? There are some rednecks amongst us--but well prepared rednecks.

I am forwarding this letter to several news networks--we will see!!

Great Letter!!!

H20SKE...

lrs

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
Litchfield, MN
Susie: a home run piece

There are too many people who believe criticism is the way to respond, or make their money on tragedies like this. Fortunately, we have people like Susie who take the time to express our true sorrow for what happened and the appreciation for those who helped others in need; all without the need to assess blame or criticism. Thanks Susie for putting this into its proper perspective.

R
Mar 30, 2008
thoughts and prayers to the families and friends of alberta,and also all who were involved at revy,you are all true heros,no matter what the media says.mam that was the most extrodinary letter that i have ever read,kudos to you,fantastic job.its all true what you have said.we as snowmobilers,wether its racing or boondockin or hillclimbing or trail riding stand united in canada and the united states,god bless you all and keep on ridin.

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
Kudos Susie:face-icon-small-win What a great piece of writing!!! The sport of snowmobiling is one of our last 'true' freedoms left in this world. Brad Story described it in his own words; don't quote me, 'You can go as fast as you want, you can go as slow as you want, you can go here or there(terrain permitting), you can climb this or that; the choices are endless'. I only wish more people understood that riding a snowmobile is a privilege! It's about people that truly enjoy the outdoors and enjoy it not only in the summertime, but the best time of the year...Wintertime!
The HEROS from Turbo Hill show just how close our family is. I am proud to say that I am a snowmobiler and always will be no matter what happens out there. Snowmobilers are a rare, special breed being some of the last adventurers left.
Thank you to all the Heros involved! What an outstanding job!!!

K

KKRDR

Dec 13, 2007
Calgary, Alta
Thanks Susie, As a fellow snowmobiler and an aquaintance of Curtis and Shay, I don't think any words could have been more eloquently written from the heart of any or all snowmobilers. We as a family of many pray that this never happens but we all know that it can. We are all sorrowed greatly when it happens but even more so when it strikes so close to home. Myself and 3 friends were also supposed to be there, but by Gods good fortune we were unable to attend. My heart goes out to Curtis and Shay's families for their loss, and I pray it does not happen again to any rider. God Bless The Hero's of Turbo Hill!!!!!

K
Dec 15, 2007
kootenays
Thanks, very well said, this needs to be shared to give people an understanding of the passion of the snowmobile community, On the BCTV news tonight they said that the RCMP have hired 10 officers to investigate the turbo hill avalanche. They are looking at laying charges against the organizers of the big iron shootout. I can't believe the ignorance of the RCMP and the BC attourney general.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thanks, very well said, this needs to be shared to give people an understanding of the passion of the snowmobile community, On the BCTV news tonight they said that the RCMP have hired 10 officers to investigate the turbo hill avalanche. They are looking at laying charges against the organizers of the big iron shootout. I can't believe the ignorance of the RCMP and the BC attourney general.
That is just tragic.

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
the media has been taking stories from quite a few people a twisting them around . every one in revelstoke that's involved with snowmobiling has been getting HARASSED by the media over the last few days . random 2 am phone calls from new stations looking for the latest new . A few people i know gave interviews to the media stating that this was an unfortunate incident , they cut and edited the interviews and totally turned them around into the story they wanted to hear .UNREAL ! . On Sunday morning i went into community center to report a few missing items. waiting at the doors for me was 4 reporters the just started belting out questions and asking for interviews . totally oblivious to the fact that i had just witnessed the worst thing in my life less than 24 hours ago . the media has been the a PITA during this entire ordeal . I wouldn't believe a thing in the papers , Ive seen numerous fabricated interviews and articles over the last few days . Oregongirl's statement is one of the best ive seen in the past few days and should be what the media is reporting ,but its true so they wouldnt go for that

Premium Features