• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ready For A New Season

N

niles

Jan 5, 2009
nw iowa
Im starting to get excited for the new season. Anyone heard a winter forcast for the hills. If you havnt just lie and tell me good things.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Today spells the end of the summer camping, boating and beach season for me (thank god). Looking forward to winter patrol again. The law of averages tells me after a long hot and dry period a similarily long cool and wet period needs to follow to counteract the hot dry period. We have been very hot and dry since mid March.

N

nytro4

Mar 13, 2011
Southern mn
ready for new season

Im ready to ride the Hills again also, its been about 5 years since we have been out my memory isnt that good, where are some of the better play areas located. I have ridden out there about 7-8 times, but just cant recall all the good offtrail areas. Any info would be great, My friend and I are bringing our 4 teenage sons along for their first ride out west, all 4 boys have alot of riding time under their belts and are looking foward to riding some hilly areas as they are used to riding the flatlands. Pray for snow:face-icon-small-hap

N

niles

Jan 5, 2009
nw iowa
Sno cop will have more info for you but in my opinion start at trailshead and you cant go wrong. Your most senic area will be out of spearfish canyon, but it takes a good 10 miles before you can get off trail safely. If you start at Rec springs you will have more private lands to watch for (from my experience),but they are very accomidating and have good parking. My favorite off trail area is around the cement ridge area, mainly cause we go there in the summer and stay on a private piece of ground so i know my way around pretty well.

Premium Features